Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lead Singer of The Call Dies

Go down 
+3
manny
Leatherface
tohostudios
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Lead Singer of The Call Dies Empty
PostSubject: Lead Singer of The Call Dies   Lead Singer of The Call Dies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 5:56 pm

This was in an article about another singer committing suicide at the same festival.

Man, I hate this. I LOVE The Call and I also have Been's solo albums.

Quote :
On Thursday, Michael Been, frontman for the U.S. group The Call, died of an apparent heart attack at the same festival. The 60-year-old was working as the soundman for his son's band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singer of The Call Dies   Lead Singer of The Call Dies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:25 pm

More details.

http://www.spinner.com/2010/08/19/the-calls-michael-been-dies-of-heart-attack-at-brmc-show/?tsp=1

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18939

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singer of The Call Dies   Lead Singer of The Call Dies Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:34 am

I remember them. RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singer of The Call Dies   Lead Singer of The Call Dies Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:22 pm

I do not know their music well enough to comment whether I like it or not but it is so hurtful and such a tragedy when someone takes their own life.

Trog is a huge fan and posted a few videos as a tribute, rest and rock in peace/
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singer of The Call Dies   Lead Singer of The Call Dies Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:56 pm

I had "Reconciled" on cassette back in the day and played it over and over. I have always loved bands that were able to include their spirituality without being preachy and Been's lyrics fell into that category. They were a band who happened to have Christians in it, not a Christian band! "I Still Believe" is still one of my favorite tunes. RIP

I think I need to add their CDs to my want list...
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singer of The Call Dies   Lead Singer of The Call Dies Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:22 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
"I Still Believe" is still one of my favorite tunes. RIP

I think I need to add their CDs to my want list...

That is a great song!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singer of The Call Dies   Lead Singer of The Call Dies Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:52 pm

I have such a sentimental attachment to those Call records. Total memory music.

One of my favorites that reminds me of visiting my late Grandmother in Iowa and driving down the highway heading back east cranking this and feeling my young spirit soar. What great music does. Still gets me.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singer of The Call Dies   Lead Singer of The Call Dies Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:21 pm

manny wrote:
I do not know their music well enough to comment whether I like it or not but it is so hurtful and such a tragedy when someone takes their own life.

Trog is a huge fan and posted a few videos as a tribute, rest and rock in peace/
\

Manny, that was the other pop singer at the festival that committed suicide. Michael Been died of an apparent heart attack.

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singer of The Call Dies   Lead Singer of The Call Dies Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:57 pm

R.I.P. Mr. Been
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lead Singer of The Call Dies   Lead Singer of The Call Dies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lead Singer of The Call Dies
Page 1 of 1