Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blacksword from Siberia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cauldron_Born
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

Blacksword from Siberia Empty
PostSubject: Blacksword from Siberia   Blacksword from Siberia Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:09 am

Blacksword is a Russian band that has a unique sound in the USPM( United States Power Metal) vein. Check out two songs here if you like:

http://echoesofcromrecords.com/Releases.html
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Blacksword from Siberia   Blacksword from Siberia Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:46 am

The vocals aren't doing much for me, but overall it's pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
Cauldron_Born
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Blacksword from Siberia   Blacksword from Siberia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Dave: I really like Serge's voice. It is pretty unique, but at times reminds me a little of Harry the Tyrant.

For those who are interested, here is a video of Blacksword bassist, Ivan the Viking, playing a classical piece. Not only is he an excellent song writer, he is also a very good musician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Yr5DNE-Vk

Howie
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Blacksword from Siberia   Blacksword from Siberia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Damn, the guy's got skills!
Back to top Go down
Lunatic_Asylum
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Blacksword from Siberia   Blacksword from Siberia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

If you like the free tracks, please support Heavy Metal and buy the album! Thank you! You can order the CD here:
http://www.echoesofcromrecords.com/Releases.html

In the meantime, please check out our new demo song, "Alive Again", which is planned to be included on the second album, here:

http://www.myspace.com/blackswordmetal

Thank you in advance!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Blacksword from Siberia   Blacksword from Siberia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:41 am

I'll be ordering the CD in a couple of days (waiting for my student loan. God bless the government! Laughing). The more I listen to the samples the more I'm digging them. The new demo song on the other hand instantly grabbed me. Sounds like a mashup of Remnants of War and Nosferatu to these ears! Absolutely killer. Any chance of a tour through Western Europe any time soon? Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunatic_Asylum
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Blacksword from Siberia   Blacksword from Siberia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:04 am

Oh, those student loans! Education in Russia is free and students get some money to survive in dormitory rooms. I used to get $8 per month during my university years and could buy nothing but a CD with that. Today, students earn around $50 - that's quite a progress at least!
Thank you, Dave! The demo is just a step forward to the next album. Alas, the songs are still not ready for the next record, so we have to sit and compose.

Hey, Remnants of War and Burning Star are my frequent CD-tray guests! Thank you for the comparison and the inspiring comment, Dave!

And as for Western Europe - $500 to Moscow and back and $300+ to Europe and back. Food, accomodation; total: $2000 per person. With our avarage salaries of $350 per month or those student money it seems possible if we save up for long enough! Maybe next summer if we have a good offer and enough money to afford it all!
Back to top Go down
Lunatic_Asylum
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Blacksword from Siberia   Blacksword from Siberia Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:45 am

Blacksword from Siberia 39984688
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Blacksword from Siberia   Blacksword from Siberia Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:44 am

I think this is something for me Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Blacksword from Siberia   Blacksword from Siberia Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:53 pm

Lunatic_Asylum wrote:
Oh, those student loans! Education in Russia is free and students get some money to survive in dormitory rooms. I used to get $8 per month during my university years and could buy nothing but a CD with that. Today, students earn around $50 - that's quite a progress at least!
Thank you, Dave! The demo is just a step forward to the next album. Alas, the songs are still not ready for the next record, so we have to sit and compose.

Hey, Remnants of War and Burning Star are my frequent CD-tray guests! Thank you for the comparison and the inspiring comment, Dave!

And as for Western Europe - $500 to Moscow and back and $300+ to Europe and back. Food, accomodation; total: $2000 per person. With our avarage salaries of $350 per month or those student money it seems possible if we save up for long enough! Maybe next summer if we have a good offer and enough money to afford it all!

Wow, I'm guessing that food is also covered in a state funded dormitory? Here in Holland every student gets 250 Euros a month from the government, but you have to use that to pay the rent, food, books, tuition etc. You get it for four years, and after that you can get a loan from the government. If you don't get a bachelor's degree within ten years you have to pay all of it back... with interest. It can add up to be quite a bit, haha.

Maybe the organizers for Keep It True will be interested to snap up you guys for a gig, you never know. If it ever comes to a tour of some sort I can help set up a gig here in the north of Holland!
Back to top Go down
Lunatic_Asylum
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Blacksword from Siberia   Blacksword from Siberia Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:44 am

Kmorg - you can raise one's spirit in a second with a short comment! Thank you!

Dave - what is worse, nothing is paid but the living in the dormitory. Students from all over the country have to rip off their parents by asking more money to be sent through the postal offices! We're deliving in a large economical hole further each day! The books are lent from the library, of course, if it has it. Otherwise, students have to buy those in book stores.

Do you have to turn in the check with exactly 250 Euros spent on everything in Holland, or it's just natural that all 250 goes into tuition?
Sounds like your government is making some money on poor students! But it is right - people must pay to get good education. In Russia, less than 1 graduate out of 10 has a job dealing with his degree.

KIT? Whoa! That would be like a dream coming to life, and all bandmembers dying from disbelief. Have you heard of Mario Metal Meeting?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blacksword from Siberia   Blacksword from Siberia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blacksword from Siberia
Page 1 of 1