Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should I get...

Go down 
+8
chewie
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
Stender
Gilbert
Jesusandmetal23
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:01 am

White Wizzard "Over The Top" or Enforcer "Diamonds"?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:36 am

Enforcer's diamonds. I love this band.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:15 am

enforcer by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:27 am

I have to say White Wizzard on this one.Enforcer are cool but I think Diamonds is too samey sounding
Back to top Go down

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:54 am

Start with WW then get Enforcer.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:44 pm

I don't really know much about Enforcer but White Wizzard is total crap.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:47 pm

I've been debating both of those releases myself, although I've been leaning towards Enforcer's Into the Night before Diamonds.

I just can't shake the feeling that White Wizzard is some sorta kitchy/retro joke kinda band. I'm not entirely sure why I feel that way but I can't take them too seriously. I'm afraid the joke would get old fast, like Steel Panther.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Both bands are equal on the crap-o-meter.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've been debating both of those releases myself, although I've been leaning towards Enforcer's Into the Night before Diamonds.

I just can't shake the feeling that White Wizzard is some sorta kitchy/retro joke kinda band. I'm not entirely sure why I feel that way but I can't take them too seriously. I'm afraid the joke would get old fast, like Steel Panther.

thats why I suggested enforcer..haha.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:40 pm

I think Into the Night is the better of the two from Enforcer.White Wizzard is pretty good traditional metal.Who cares if they're trying to be retro or not.The music is what matters.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:55 pm

Alright, I decided on buying both.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Door #1........... No wait........ Door #2..........

wait bid correctly and win both showcases!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Quote :
White Wizzard is pretty good traditional metal.Who cares if they're trying to be retro or not.The music is what matters.

Yea, I guess. Besides it's not as if I don't already have a boatload of retro sounding metal. But something is keeping me from pulling the trigger on purchasing their albums. I wish I could put my finger on it.

I'm sure I'll pick them up at some point.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Since you've decided on both you should get Holy Grail's Improper Burial ep,too.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:05 pm

It is because they just don't seem like a real band. They already made 1 EP and the only original member left is the singer. Something is up with them. They seem to come out of nowhere and they were getting tons of praise, I just don't understand why.

Thrasher73

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:06 pm

While you're at it Jesus,get Cauldron-Chained to the Nite as well.Similar in style to Enforcer,very good album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
It is because they just don't seem like a real band. They already made 1 EP and the only original member left is the singer. Something is up with them. They seem to come out of nowhere and they were getting tons of praise, I just don't understand why.

Maybe that's it. Too much fan-fare/hype can sometimes be off-putting to me.

Quote :
While you're at it Jesus,get Cauldron-Chained to the Nite as well.Similar in style to Enforcer,very good album.

I'd 2nd that nomination. Cauldron's very good, even if they over-use the word "chain" in most of their song titles. Should I get... Icon_biggrin

Thrasher73

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'd 2nd that nomination. Cauldron's very good, even if they over-use the word "chain" in most of their song titles. Should I get... Icon_biggrin

Yeah,Chained up in Chains is a little overkill,Haha
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:11 pm

I'm not made of money! I'm sure I'll get Cauldron soon though.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Get Striker - Eyes in the Night and any of the Widow albums. Both are great bands of the same style but much better caliber and quality! I also agree with what nevermore said and get that Holy Grail ep too!
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:58 pm

I think I may go with only Enforcer, actually
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:28 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

Indeed, Cauldron are amazing. I love Chained to the nite. Very 80ish Should I get... 11840
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:39 am

You might also want to check out a band called Ignitor. They have two albums Road of Bones and The Spider Queen.

http://www.myspace.com/ignitor
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:59 am

Joe wrote:
You might also want to check out a band called Ignitor. They have two albums Road of Bones and The Spider Queen.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/ignitor
http://www.myspace.com/ignitor[/quote[/url]]

Yeah,Road of Bones is very good.Havent heard The spider queen.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:58 am

Ignitor has an earlier cd called Take to the Sky--which I think is the better of the two with the female singer. I haven't heard their latest though. I think Ignitor best fits the term "traditional metal" than Enforcer (I have only heard Into the Night and just can't seem to get into it)--as Enforcer has a lot more NWOBHM influence in it--at least to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Should I get... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I get...   Should I get... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I get...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: