Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BLS - new album streaming at AOL

Go down 
+8
thejokeriv
HeavyMetalMerchant
Eyesore
MetalH
metallicleora
Lurideath
Rex
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:59 am

How many pinch notes are played? BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:12 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
How many pinch notes are played? BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
That also seems to be toned down. This album is a bit more metal, I guess. Modern metal, I'd say, but it's a bit different.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:09 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

LOVE THOSE PINCH HARMONICS... One of the best sounds you can make with the guitar IMO. Also add to the riff. Zakk and Rich Ward used to use them for signature sound. I love them....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
That also seems to be toned down. This album is a bit more metal, I guess. Modern metal, I'd say, but it's a bit different.

I wonder if any songs that appear on this new album were originally written with Ozzy in mind before Zakk got the boot? I know that Zakk has done that in the past.

"Ozzy don't want 'em? Alrighty, another new batch of BLS tunes are done."

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

I wonder if any songs that appear on this new album were originally written with Ozzy in mind before Zakk got the boot? I know that Zakk has done that in the past.

"Ozzy don't want 'em? Alrighty, another new batch of BLS tunes are done."
I don't know. Maybe. But he's said in the past he pretty much just goes into the studio with nothing and just start ripping out the riffs and whatnot until a song appears.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Quote :
How many pinch notes are played?

About 150 as opposed to the thousands he did on previous albums. He toned them down some but he still has a ways to go. Those pinch harmonics get annoying!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:26 am

I picked this up last night. I just went to FYE and bought the regular $9.99 release. Eyesore, I can wear an XL. BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_smile

First impression? It sounds like any other BLS record. Not that that's a bad thing. We'll see what repeated spins do for it.

Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:25 am

This album seems to flow better than the Shot to Hell album. Reminds me a bit of Mafia, which I like so it's all good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:17 pm

I'll pick this up today, good to hear someone compare it to Mafia, love that one.
Quote :
About 150 as opposed to the thousands he did on previous albums. He toned them down some but he still has a ways to go. Those pinch harmonics get annoying!

Very true.
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 5:47 pm

I love this album it is so heavy & rockin BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 11840 BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 11840

This is the album Ozzy should have released hahahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BLS - new album streaming at AOL
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2