Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need some help for a playlist

Go down 
+6
JBall_Z
krokus
Orion Crystal Ice
chewie
snooloui
onrypt
10 posters
AuthorMessage
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

Need some help for a playlist Empty
PostSubject: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Hi All!
I have a 100 mile bike race coming up on Sat the 28th of this month. It means something like 6-7 hours on my bike in 100+ degree heat and I need to fill a playlist.
I'm open to suggestions and already have the following:
Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Ratt, Sister Sin,Texas Hippies, Disturbed, Hellyeah, Pantera, Dio, Fozzy, Hammerfall, Sodom,Iced Earth, Megadeth, Parlor Mob, Sinbreed, Blackberry Smoke, Damageplan, SOAD and a few others.
I need some suggestions for a few others to top it off.
Don't mean to offend but if it sounds like Cookie Monster on vocals I'm not interested,(not that into doom and death) but am looking for hard riff driven stuff to help keep me motivated and pumped up for a loooong ride.
Need some help for a playlist 692390
I'm open to all suggestions and appreciate the help.
Cheers,
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:55 pm

Primal Fear maybe?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:56 am

Accept - Fast As A Shark
Raven - Live At The Inferno(any song from that live album should do)
Saxon - Princess of The Night
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:00 pm

few songs of slightly different stylings or tempos that I usually find it very very likely to speed to, very driving stuff..

Dark At Dawn - Crossbreed
Labyrinth - The Shooting Star
Grave Digger - Ballad of a Hangman
Tad Morose - Clearly Insane
Rage - Sent By The Devil
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Songs by ANNIHILATOR, ALICE COOPER, SAXON, THE RODS or HAMMERFALL.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:44 pm

W.A.S.P. - Show No Mercy
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Riot - Fire Down Under (album)
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I'm still downloading them and putting them in my playlist for the ride.
**Side note for Orion Crystal Ice...I got to meet W.A.S.P. in 1986 at the Record Bar (record store) at Quail Springs Mall in Oklahoma City. I think it was "The Last Command" tour I was at the tender age of 17 (lol) and then got to see their show that night in Norman,OK. I think that was their only time in OK although they might have gone to Tulsa once as well. I think they opened up for Maiden that night but I might be wrong on that. No raw meat but lots of blood spitting. Good times, good times. I think I've lost it but I had the W.A.S.P. cassette with all their signatures on the insert.
Keep the suggestions coming and thanks so much!!!
Chris Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:26 pm

Sabaton - "Metal Crue" (catchy and fun homage to classic metal bands)
Shinedown - "Cry For Help" (this band get a lot of flak but this song rocks)
Wig Wam - "Rocket Through My Heart" (classic euro-power metal)
The Last Vegas - "Whatever Gets You Off" (One of the best new sleaze bands around)
Hardcore Superstar - "We Don't Celebrate Sundays" (The best sleaze band going IMO)

BTW, good to see Blackberry Smoke on your playlist. I really dig that album. Best new Southern Rock in ages IMO...

Also cool to see Sister Sin. Their new one is one of my top contenders for album of the year.

Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:46 am

Thanks Toho, if I can make a suggestion.... If you like Blackberry Smoke check out "Parlor Mob". Not quite as good as Blkbry Smoke but good stuff nonetheless. You might also check out "The Company Band." Zombie Barricades is a great first track to a nice album
I'm probably listening to Sister Sin as a result of one of your earlier posts. Good stuff. Not usually a fan of female fronted bands but Sis Sin and Lacuna Coil are changing my mind headbanger
Cheers,
Chris
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:11 am

so youre 41 and you need help making a playlist? Music oughta be second nature for you at this point, right? Hey, speaking of second nature, you need some Rush on there.

I applaud you on your 100 mile trek. I'd be lucky to go 5 or 6 miles, then again, it's only 50 degrees here, too dang cold to ride.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:21 am

Based on the bands you mentioned here are some bands I think you should add. Sevendust, Alter Bridge, Pagans Mind, Stuck Mojo, A7X, Overkill, The Showdown, Throwdown, Trivium..

Check out the band Raintime and their album Psychromatic. It's my album of the year and no one has even come close to it...
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:45 am

I see have Sister Sin on there.
I have a playlist of Sister Sin and Soulfly (about 8 songs from Prophecy and Dark Ages) that I listen to on my way to softball and/or volleyball....great music to keep that 'aggressive'/up-tempo feel.
Other bands that fit well into what you are looking for: Riot (Thundersteel), Black Tide, Dungeon (Aus.) and Rage.
Good Luck on your ride.
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:10 am

stepcousin wrote:
so youre 41 and you need help making a playlist? Music oughta be second nature for you at this point, right? Hey, speaking of second nature, you need some Rush on there.

I applaud you on your 100 mile trek. I'd be lucky to go 5 or 6 miles, then again, it's only 50 degrees here, too dang cold to ride.

lol, yeah the music I know about is second nature, but we have a mediocre at best radio station that masks itself as a great one so I don't always hear the good new stuff. Their idea of playing heavy metal is Pantera's cover of "Planet Caravan."That's why I love this forum and I've discovered some great artists here, thanks all!
Speaking of Rush my 8 y/o daughter and I were in the kitchen last week and I had pandora streaming through my stereo system. 2112 came on (it played all 7 parts together.) My daughter asks "Daddy who is this?" I told her it was Rush. She said "You mean 'Big Time Rush' ?" I kinda laughed and said no honey this is "real" music. This is RUSH... She sat there and listened to it for a couple of minutes and said "yeah, I like it..."
So she's walking through an hour later and Triumph's "Fool For Your Love" was playing. She said "Daddy is that Rush?" The education continues.......... (hers and mine) thanks all!!!!! crazy happy
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:33 am

Running Wild - Masquerade
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi all,
I took the new updated playlist out for a 60 mile ride this morning.
Besides being completely wiped out the music was great. I added darn near every song suggested and just wanted to say thanks. My ass is kicked today and 100 is really gonna kick it....
If anyone has anything to add I'm all ears and still adding tracks.
Thanks again and keep 'em coming!
C.
whip
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 3:52 pm

How about the latest WASP? Check out Crazy, Babylon's Burning or Live To Die Another Day.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 3:55 pm

And this song always gets me going:

In a more traditional metal vein:

PostSubject: Re: Need some help for a playlist   Need some help for a playlist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some help for a playlist
Page 1 of 1