Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THRASH METAL TOP 20!

Go down 
+10
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Igor
Required Fields
Invader
ghost
sovdat
mc666
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

THRASH METAL TOP 20! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THRASH METAL TOP 20!   THRASH METAL TOP 20! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 12:23 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

when thrash was it's peak, I avoided a lot of it due to 'satanic influences'..... so a lot of bands I never gave time to because of that paranoia.... oh well... I still like my list...
i never will understand that mentality. i have no fear that my listening to Vengeance Rising will somehow turn me Christian. it's impossible.
then don't try to. why would you post your comment?
because it's a public forum.

mr.electric39 wrote:
I'm just curious because it just sounds detrimental to me.
it wasn't meant as such

mr.electric39 wrote:
there are a lot of things that other people do or say that I don't get, but I don't question one's motives... unless it will harm another individual.
you and i are different people. i question everything.

stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

THRASH METAL TOP 20! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Tempest "Annihilation of the Wicked"   THRASH METAL TOP 20! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:32 pm

mr.electric39,

I love your list! I am with you on most of those, although Testament just didn't click too much with me. I'm not 'zactly saying they stink, but anyhoo...

You listed Tempest's "Annihilation of the Wicked" demo as one of your favorites. It would have to rate way up there on my list as well. I've had mine since the early 90s, and I'm not looking to part with it, but I AM interested in purchasing more early Christian metal demo tapes (originals, not dubbed copies).

You don't sound as though you are in the market to sell, but I'd love to see a list of what demos you do still have. It's so difficult to find anyone that has ANY of 'em, so it's always a thrill for me to find someone who knows the same ol' stuff I've been listening to and collecting for years.

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind posting a list of early Christian metal demo tapes you own? It would be loads o' fun to look through it.

Thanks!

stevegarveyfan
(no, you can't make fun of my username)
Back to top Go down

THRASH METAL TOP 20!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2