Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toadies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Toadies Empty
PostSubject: Toadies   Toadies Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:58 pm

They got a new album coming out in August! Hell yeah. I love everything they've done. I guess this was originally meant to be the follow-up to Rubberneck, but the label rejected it. Then later claimed the "lost" the masters. So I guess these are re-recordings of those original songs. Wicked.

Toadies ToadiesFeeler800-450x450

Any fans? What about Burden Brothers? Love those guys, too.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Toadies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toadies   Toadies Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:34 pm

I only have their first album 'Rubberneck' and got to see them live back in 1994 and then they disappeared so I am looking forward to this release.

I can't believe the record label shelved this album since 'Rubberneck' did very well and got a fair amount of airplay, at least it did on our local rock station.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Toadies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toadies   Toadies Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:56 pm

manny wrote:
I only have their first album 'Rubberneck' and got to see them live back in 1994 and then they disappeared so I am looking forward to this release.

I can't believe the record label shelved this album since 'Rubberneck' did very well and got a fair amount of airplay, at least it did on our local rock station.
Apparently they toured on Rubberneck's success for three years, then recorded Feeler. The record company denied it, so the official follow-up, Hell Below/Stars Above, didn't come out until 2001, seven years later. And it flopped. Shocking.

Great album, though. As was their last one, No Deliverance.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Toadies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toadies   Toadies Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:10 am

LOVE THESE GUYS AND THE GUITAR PLAYING ON RUBBERNECK WAS GREAT. HUGE FAN AND I WILL BE GETTING THE NEW RELEASE...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Toadies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toadies   Toadies Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:24 am

Not a fan, but I really like the design of the album cover. Nicely done. Looks like something a "stoner" band would put out. Cool, man.

Toadies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toadies   Toadies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toadies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: