Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print... Empty
PostSubject: So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print...   So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:58 pm

...and it gave me an idea to ask a question.

Which Kreator album has sold the most copies, and how many copies has it sold to date? Just wondering.

I am presuming Extreme Aggression or Coma of Souls are the best selling albums. Pleasure to Kill probably isn't far off of them. After all, I bought a Pleasure to Kill shirt back in 2007 at a store.

My best guess is that their best selling album (whichever it is) has sold about 90,000-100,000 copies. If I'm wrong, I'm likely not too far off.

It sucks that their early albums are out of print. I mean, I own their earlier albums (the ones released on Noise Records) already (apart from Renewal), but they have a rather large fanbase; larger than the majority of thrash bands. It's too bad that the fans they get in the future or the ones who don't own any albums of theirs yet will end up having to pay ridiculous amounts of cash for their albums on eBay. I hope, for their sake, the early albums get reissued soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print...   So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:06 am

Well, don't look now, but the CD market is dead and reissues are drying up as the labels stick to only "sure things". And even the sure things aren't so sure anymore, as albums continually under-perform from initial estimates. The record labels have basically had their heads in the sand for the past decade, they waited too long to fix anything, short sighted profit mongering killed off all their retail channels and they are watching themselves slowly bleed out...

I would prepare to see alot of other things go out of print.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print...   So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:59 am

They were just reissued not too long ago so I'm sure those are still around at various stores. I see them at my FYE all the time. The only ones I rarely see are Endless Pain and Renewal.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print...   So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:14 am

I think Noise Records itself is no longer in existence (it was absorbed by the Sanctuary Records Group in the early 00s) so I would imagine that a whole hella lotta their catalog is OOP now.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print...   So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:24 am

I imagine that these albums will see them be reissued at some point, the collector's market as still strong, a Rock Candy records is currently reissuing albums from bands that were nowhere near as success as Kreator such as Detective, Airrace etc and doing very well, so imagine they will be reissued, also FYE at there test stores where they priced all new CD's at 9.99 as seen their business boom in a big way.

*** The reissue label is Rock Candy not Cherry Red, sorry.

Last edited by manny on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print...   So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:52 am

They may be out of print, but there is a shitton of back stock left....

Case in point, my favorite place to buy CDs, Odd Banana, has a bunch of those early albums in stock for peanuts.

http://www.oddbanana.com/us/detail/400603003412
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print...   So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Yeah, I still see these all over the place out here. Even saw Renewal today. I'm sure ole Metal Mind will pick them up and Remaster them at some point, they are doing it with everything else. They just did Destruction's post-reunion Nuclear Blast Records. (All Hell Breaks Loose, The Antichrist, Metal Discharge). Those were still all over the place as well.

I picked up The Antichrist because the original I had didn't have the redone version of Curse the Gods and I wasn't going to pay $40 for the Japanese import that did. Now I legally own this version of the song. So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print... Icon_cool

Last edited by Joe on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print...   So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:42 pm

I wouldn't doubt another label will acquire the rights to Kreator's early albums sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print...   So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, Kreator's early albums are now out of print...
Page 1 of 1