Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ram-Lightbringer

Go down 
+5
nevermore
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
kmorg
James B.
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:10 pm

I did something I don't do much of anymore, picked this up without listening first and it destroys. The cover said if you like Maiden, Priest and M Fate you'll like it and they are right. A couple songs throw in Iced Earth and Manowar too and they add some cool touches of their own. Everything is excellent, the production, the songwriting, the riffage. I can almost guarantee this to be a top 5 for me this year.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12631

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:32 pm

Listened to a few clips on yoohoo tube and for the life of me couldn't hear a lick of any Fate-isms. Still old school Priest works for me Ram-Lightbringer 11840

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:42 am

Yeah, the Fate is a stretch but the NWOBHM sound is definitely in place.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:19 pm

The MF similarities are moslty in the high pitched vocals, me thinks. Good album.

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:09 pm

I can't believe nobody else on here has heard this. Trust me, if you're into any of the aforementioned bands or say Wolf or Hibria you should check this out.

http://www.myspace.com/rammetal
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Hmmmmm, not totally sold on the vocals, but it's not bad either. This will require more listens.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:52 pm

Good album.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25893

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:48 pm

I've been wanting to get this. Hopefully, I can get a copy soon.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 6:31 pm

Huh, wonder why this isn't blowing up like the other retro stuff. Probably because the band is more than 2 years old and actually sounds quite good. Ram-Lightbringer Lol
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:41 am

It's good, but imo Ram don't hold a candle to fellow Swedes Enforcer, who are by far the best retro band out there imo.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:29 am

If Enforcer is really just a 'retro' band - like, on purpose, in the tacky sort of way - then automatically they aren't better, as a matter of principle. Ram-Lightbringer Icon_razz Taking roots-British metal and infusing the style with an awkward air of tribute/parody/whatever some 'retro' bands are is kind of ridiculous, considering the style started out as the bands just doing what they wanted, not necessarily fitting in whereever. If metal fans want to pay tribute, they should do the same rather than aping the aesthetics and being a novelty act.
Back to top Go down

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:57 pm

If a band sincerely likes the sound and wants to play that way then i'm for it. Enforcer is good but sometimes it seems like speed just to be fast.
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:37 am

This smokes, I have been listening to this for awhile now. And it is coming out on vinyl next month Ram-Lightbringer 11840 Ram-Lightbringer 11840

They also have another album called Forced Entry which is also killer
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:04 pm

I've heard some of their songs. They song pretty good but I don't have any of their stuff. I don't think Enforcer are some kind of retro band for the sake of it, they genuinely like playing that type of music, so it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ram-Lightbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram-Lightbringer   Ram-Lightbringer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ram-Lightbringer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: