Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Liddell or Franklin?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Liddell or Franklin? Empty
PostSubject: Liddell or Franklin?   Liddell or Franklin? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:08 am

Who are you rooting for on the upcoming UFC match?

Chuck Liddell as usual for me. I'm hopeing he lands that moster knockout.

Liddell or Franklin? Chuck_liddell_3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liddell or Franklin?   Liddell or Franklin? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:52 pm

I'm rooting Liddell. I seem to go with the old guys anymore but always liked him.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Liddell or Franklin?   Liddell or Franklin? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:27 pm

I wish they would of had this when I was younger........

I am more for Liddell. I like Urijah Faber, he is from here in Sac town.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Liddell or Franklin?   Liddell or Franklin? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:04 pm

Tough call. I like both fighters, but I believe that their days as the elite are done. Franklin started his career as a light heavyweight, but that was before Chuck ruled the division. Both of their chins have been a little suspect lately. Both have been inactive for over a year. Franklin would be wise to stick and move.

I say Chuck wins this one.

James B, I went to one of the WEC fights in Sacto when Urijah fought. Not the last one where he was dismantled, the one before where he won. It was a blast! Going to San Jose in couple of weeks to catch Fedor fight on the strikeforce card.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Liddell or Franklin?   Liddell or Franklin? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Quote :
Tough call. I like both fighters, but I believe that their days as the elite are done. Franklin started his career as a light heavyweight, but that was before Chuck ruled the division. Both of their chins have been a little suspect lately. Both have been inactive for over a year. Franklin would be wise to stick and move.

Tito Ortiz is only 35 but has major neck problems...

I think he was the one that was supposed to fight Chuck but was replaced by Franklin.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Liddell or Franklin?   Liddell or Franklin? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:57 pm

That is correct. Tito and Chuck were the recent coaches on The Ultimate Fighter.

Tito has already had surgery again. I guess it was a success because he's not talking about hanging them up, yet, but his days as an elite fighter were already done anyway.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Liddell or Franklin?   Liddell or Franklin? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:19 am

Well looks like Frankin won the fight... That year off didn't help his game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liddell or Franklin?   Liddell or Franklin? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:41 pm

Dang. 5 more seconds.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Liddell or Franklin?   Liddell or Franklin? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:40 am

I would be very suprised if Lidell won that one. His not the Iceman of old times for lack of a better expression. What stunned me was Mirko winning via submission - that was something to behold!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Liddell or Franklin?   Liddell or Franklin? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Man, the old Chuck would have taken Franklin out as soon as he had him hurt. In the end, his chin is not up to par anymore. I thought he looked good mixing up his striking and taking Franklin down, but it's all for not.

I wish Chuck would have changed his game up a little earlier on in his career. He was so good at knocking people out, however, he never really had to. I really hope he hangs them up, I don't want to see him out there anymore.

That was crazy to see CroCop win by submission. But you have to be well rounded in the octagon now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liddell or Franklin?   Liddell or Franklin? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:54 pm

The sport has changed and guys like Liddell and Hughes need to hang it up, as much as I root for those guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liddell or Franklin?   Liddell or Franklin? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liddell or Franklin?
Page 1 of 1