Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Necrophagist

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Necrophagist Empty
PostSubject: Necrophagist   Necrophagist Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:31 pm

Anyone else here into them? I find I love their sound, although it is complete musical excess. I ike that stuff though. How 'bout you MC?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Necrophagist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrophagist   Necrophagist Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:46 pm

Very flawed band with potential....The production sucks, way way way too clean, compressed, and polished for the dynamics to come through properly...and the songs are typically just not long enough for their ideas to make a dent. They usually end up sounding like wank for the sake of wank, and 'trying to be' some form of death metal.

Basically, I wish there were some kind of tech-death like this that didn't end up being lame, but all I have so far is Augury who are certainly not lame.. but then, they're just a bit more standard in brutality. Which is just fine. Necrophagist Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Necrophagist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrophagist   Necrophagist Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:49 pm

A lot of corny scales/melodies.

Tons of technique misapplied.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Necrophagist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrophagist   Necrophagist Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 1:16 am

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
Anyone else here into them? I find I love their sound, although it is complete musical excess. I ike that stuff though. How 'bout you MC?
i like them a lot. especially their first album. a touch less progressive than the second.

Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Necrophagist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrophagist   Necrophagist Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:24 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Very flawed band with potential....The production sucks, way way way too clean, compressed, and polished for the dynamics to come through properly...and the songs are typically just not long enough for their ideas to make a dent. They usually end up sounding like wank for the sake of wank, and 'trying to be' some form of death metal.

Basically, I wish there were some kind of tech-death like this that didn't end up being lame, but all I have so far is Augury who are certainly not lame.. but then, they're just a bit more standard in brutality. Which is just fine. Necrophagist Icon_cool

Yeah, i agree that the production is way too glossy. But I like that kind of "musical wank". OCI, if you have'nt checked out Canadian deathsters SYMPATHY yet, i would encourage you to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Necrophagist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necrophagist   Necrophagist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necrophagist
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: