Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!

Go down 
+4
Ben Grimm
powermacho
Wargod
Metal Misfit
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! Empty
PostSubject: Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!   Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:45 pm

Quote :
Tonight, Saturday, May 22, at 10 P.M., VH1 Classic will premiere their hour-long Revolver Golden Gods special, featuring highlight from the biggest night in hard rock and metal. Appearances by Ozzy Osbourne, Alice Cooper, Dave Mustaine, and Ronnie James Dio (R.I.P.), plus never-before- seen collaborations by iconic music legends Slash, Lemmy Kilmister, and Dave Grohl performing Motörhead’s “Ace of Spades” and other blistering performances by Rob Zombie, Zakk Wylde, Fear Factory, As I Lay Dying, and Brian Posehn make this a heavy-hitting concert and award show not to be missed.

I'll be watching! I've got it on their 100 Hard Rock Songs special right now... All metal all night! New TMS (with Rob Halford) and then the Dedicated to Dio special airs at 11:30PM eastern. We could probably discuss Dedicated To Dio in the RIP thread but I wanted to point out the RGG show. Should be cool.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!   Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Yes I have my DVR set to record!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!   Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:14 pm

watching
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!   Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Dio Sad
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!   Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:50 pm

He won vocalist of the year too, very fitting that he was honored with an award at this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!   Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:44 pm

So no one else watched this show? Laughing C'mon guys, we gotta support our community! I have more in-depth thoughts over at my blog (http://metalexcess.com/2010/05/23/my-thoughts-on-the-2010-revolver-golden-gods-awards/) but to be brief, this show is a good idea but it had poor execution or at least that's how it came across on TV. Hopefully next year will bring bigger and better things.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!   Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:56 pm

I watched it and the Dio Tribute. I wish the Tribute would have been a little longer and a little more in-depth about his history and such. Still cool that they did one at all.

The Golden Gods Award was ok. The opening was cool with Zack playing the Star Spangled Banner. Cool that Dio won. He was the only vocalist on the list read that deserved the award IMO.

As for the new album award, Alice in Chains? Really? So many great CDs released last year and Alice in Chains boring record? BLAH! Best Underground Band: The Dillinger Escape Plan? Blech! Never cared for this band. So many great metal bands in the underground and I didn't hear one that I cared a stitch about being nominated.

While I applaud the effort given to this, the whole thing came off a little cheesy looking. Hopefully if they continue to do this, they will put a little more money into it and spend a little more time on the editing and such.

BTW, I fast forwarded through most of As I Lay Dying and Fear Factory. Wow! Those FF dudes are BIG!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!   Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:29 pm

I muted the TV and starting surfing the net when FF and As I Lay Dying came on. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!   Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:21 am

They had an encore presentation tonight, Sunday night. I agree with Ult's assessment of the program. I did, however, enjoy the performances by Lemmy with Slash and Rob Zombie. And of course, it was very cool to see the great ones, Rob Halford, Ronnie James Dio and Alice Cooper.

I also watched That Metal Show with Rob Halford afterwards. He weighed in on the Megadeth or Metallica debate. For consistancy, he picked Megadeth Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! 25679 . So there you have it. The Metal God has spoken. We can finally put the debate to bed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!   Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:50 am

I'll be sure to catch one of the 4,324 rebroadcasts that Vh-1 Classic is sure to do. It's a long summer.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!   Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:22 pm

I watched it this morning and I thought that it was ok. They have been promoting this award show for about a month and I felt that it didn't really deliver. It was cool to see everyone on the same stage and all, but with the editing everything seemed way too rushed. Fitting a bunch of awards and four performances into 60 mins.

As I Lay Dying and Fear Factory were pretty terrible. Fear Factory was a little better IMO. Slash and Lemmy sounded great, but I wish that Lemmy would play something else. I love Ace of Spades and all, but it is everywhere. Any time a new music video game is released there is always a version of Ace of Spades on it. Rob Zombie was cool. I had just seen Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper a couple of weeks back and it was amazing. So it was cool to see Rob Zombie again so soon.

This was the 2nd annual, but I think that it was the first one televised. If they continue to do this every year, and I hope that they do, they need to make it at least 2 hrs. long and they need to edit it better in a way where everything doesn't seem so rushed.

I also caught the Dedicated to DIO show after and I feel that it fell victim to the same thing as the Golden God Awards. Bad editing that made it seem rushed. This "Tribute" was only :30mins. and was all over the place. They only played half of the Neon Knights music video from 1980, then they played the Holy Diver video and ended with half of Mob Rules from the Heaven & Hell dvd from Radio City Music Hall. They also included 2 interviews from last years program of That Metal Show and one interview from 2005? and 1999. Then it was done. The :30second tribute that they run during some commercial breaks(twice during the dedicated...) with the end of the Rainbow in the Dark video, with Ronnie standing on top of a building by himself while the camera pans off of him and up to the sky then fading to black and saying Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010. It chokes me up every time I see it, but is a more fitting tribute than the entire show IMHO.

I applaud the effort of these programs, but I wish that they would have put more time into making them look and run better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!   Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revolver Golden Gods Awards/Dedicated To Dio on VH1 Classic tonight!
Page 1 of 1