Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Also, Korean Metal.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Also, Korean Metal. Empty
PostSubject: Also, Korean Metal.   Also, Korean Metal. Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Korea also has a good metal scene. Crash is a good thrash metal band who has had a long career so far and one of the best. Oathean, who is a black metal group, also gained some popularity with overseas listeners, and I've heard alot of good about Vassline, as well.

Magwi and Dokkaebi (whose name comes from a demon in korean mythology, btw) are also good if you dig korean death metal. Also, Jeremy is an amazing group who is popular in the scene as well. Korean christian metal/prog band, but blows away most of the christian artists in this genre in the west, which amazes me. Great guitarist, keyboardist, etc.

I still prefer Japanese metal the most as it is more eclectic, but Korea does have some bands worth checking out. They had alot of good 80s metal groups too but their work is often hard to find aside from maybe Sinawe, who was well known.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Also, Korean Metal.   Also, Korean Metal. Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:04 am

Crash is fantastic!! Their first two CDs, Endless Supply Of Pain and To Be Or Not To Be are prime slabs of oldschool thrash!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Also, Korean Metal.   Also, Korean Metal. Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:11 am

I know next to nothing about Korean metal, actually. Maybe it's time to remedy that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Also, Korean Metal.   Also, Korean Metal. Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Sinawe is SinAWESOME! They can get a little too proggy for me at times, but their talent is undeniable. I have only ever been able to track down 2 of their cds over the years, but "4" is hands-down one of the best Asian metal albums ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Also, Korean Metal.   Also, Korean Metal. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Also, Korean Metal.
Page 1 of 1