Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blizzard or Diary?

Go down 
+17
Troublezone
nevermore
MetalRob331
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Schbopo
Addy
James B.
Approval Guy
XYZ
akeldama
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
MoonChild
chewie
thejokeriv
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Blizzard of Ozz or Diary of a Madman?
Blizzard of Ozz
Blizzard or Diary? Vote_lcap32%Blizzard or Diary? Vote_rcap
 32% [ 9 ]
Diary of a Madman
Blizzard or Diary? Vote_lcap68%Blizzard or Diary? Vote_rcap
 68% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:46 am

Blizzard or Diary? Blizzard_of_ozzBlizzard or Diary? Ozzy_Osbourne_Diary_of_a_Madman

This was the "Throwdown" question on That Metal Show this week. Figured I'd ask it here.

Which Ozzy and Randy album is better? Blizzard or Diary?

Choose.

I personally pick Diary. Every song is killer. Blizzard has that terrible "Goodbye To Romance" song.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:55 am

Diary....... but Blizzard is awesome too!!!!!!!! Blizzard has the overplayed songs
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:36 pm

I went with Diary though both are good.... Have to agree about that "Goodbye To Romance" song...blechhh!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:02 pm

Diary of a Madman Blizzard or Diary? 438278
Back to top Go down

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Blizzard has Crazy Train and it never gets old no matter how many times I hear it. Diary is the more consistent album, more developed. Diary by a bat hair.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:03 pm

It was close, but Diary by a song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:08 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Diary....... but Blizzard is awesome too!!!!!!!! Blizzard has the overplayed songs

I voted Blizzard for sentimental reasons, but I agree that it's been overplayed. I have no problem with 'Goodbye to Romance'. Diary has some great "hidden gems" though. Both are awesome.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Diary Of A Madman, Rhoads' playing on that was an effin' beast!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Diary.
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:58 pm

Blizzard, surpised it's so one-sided
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:08 pm

I consider both titles to be one album. They could of easily been released as a double lp. It was so kewl that they recorded both at the same time and released them individually or we would of just had one Randy studio album. Imagine an album recorded by the touring version of the Blizzard of Ozz band. Ozzy, Randy, Rudy, and Tommy.... That my firends was one kick @$$ of a metal band Blizzard or Diary? 11840

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:16 pm

This is a very tough one for me, both albums have a good number of favs, but in the end I think Im gonna go with Diary just because of Flying High Again, Over the Mountain, Diary of a Madman, and You Can't Kill Rock N Roll

So I went with Diary
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Diary : mainly for the title track alone-my favorite Ozzy tune.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Diary. The songwriting is just all around better. There were only a few songs I liked off of Blizzard.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:48 pm

Approval Guy wrote:
Blizzard, surpised it's so one-sided

Diary still sounds fresh to me. Blizzard is way too overplayed by rock radio.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Diary. The songwriting is just all around better. There were only a few songs I liked off of Blizzard.

Both albums were written and recorded at the same time. They perhaps just chose better songs to include on the latter ?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:56 pm

James B. wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Both albums were written and recorded at the same time. They perhaps just chose better songs to include on the latter ?

You sure about that? Blizzard was recorded in March/April 1980 and Diary Feb/March of 81. They don;t sound like they were recorded at the same time, with Diary having much better production.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:01 pm

well, I chose 'Blizzard'..... 'Over the Mountain' and the title track of 'Diary' are particularly epic, however, 'Blizzard' has 'Steal Away The Night'.. and I DO like 'Goodbye to Romance' a good amount... and 'Mr. Crowley'............. Both have songs I can't stand, those being 'Flying High Again' and 'I Don't Know'........... 'No Bone Movies' is pretty wretched............. if you put a bunch of his best stuff on one album, THEN you would get the real heavy metal classic he always threatened to make....it's never been great all the way through, for me.......a lot of artists are like that, though, no big deal.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:06 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

You sure about that? Blizzard was recorded in March/April 1980 and Diary Feb/March of 81. They don;t sound like they were recorded at the same time, with Diary having much better production.

Just going by what I read....that being both lps were recorded with Ozzy, Rhoads, Daisley and Kerslake. I saw Blizzard of Ozz both tours with Ozzy, Randy, Sarzo and Aldridge. On a few occasions, I had read that all the songs on both lps were done in the same sessions and they chose to release an album worth of tunes and keep touring, Then release the remamning songs and continue touring. Either the current story of two seperate sessions is corect or what I read back in the day is ? who knows ?

I wish that the touring ensemble of The Blizzard Of OZZ would of made an album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:47 am

James B. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Just going by what I read....that being both lps were recorded with Ozzy, Rhoads, Daisley and Kerslake. I saw Blizzard of Ozz both tours with Ozzy, Randy, Sarzo and Aldridge. On a few occasions, I had read that all the songs on both lps were done in the same sessions and they chose to release an album worth of tunes and keep touring, Then release the remamning songs and continue touring. Either the current story of two seperate sessions is corect or what I read back in the day is ? who knows ?

interesting...... What I had read was they recorded Blizzard, went on the first leg of the Blizzard tour, took a break to write and record Diary, Sharon fired Daisley and Kerslake and hired Sarzo and Aldridge, went back on tour for the next leg, tour ended, diary released right afterwards, back on tour. I saw some set lists and on the 2nd leg they did a few songs from Diary before it was released. But, I agree that Diary with Sarzo and Aldridge would rock!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:47 am

thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

interesting...... What I had read was they recorded Blizzard, went on the first leg of the Blizzard tour, took a break to write and record Diary, Sharon fired Daisley and Kerslake and hired Sarzo and Aldridge, went back on tour for the next leg, tour ended, diary released right afterwards, back on tour. I saw some set lists and on the 2nd leg they did a few songs from Diary before it was released. But, I agree that Diary with Sarzo and Aldridge would rock!!!!

According to Rudy Sarzo's book, they had done two different sessions, neither of which he was involved in of course, so who knows, also I remember reading articles that stated that Randy Rhoads felt his work on 'Diary of Madman' was too rushed since they had go back on the road again.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:56 am

I like Blizzard a lot more here. Diary is a great album and has one of mt favorite songs by the Ozzman, Over the Mountain. But when it comes down to it Blizzard just gets more spins and the songs flow together better IMO.

Also Goodbye to Romance is one amazing song if you ask me. Randy's playing on that tune is amazing...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:28 pm

I chose Diary.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:12 pm

manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

According to Rudy Sarzo's book, they had done two different sessions, neither of which he was involved in of course, so who knows, also I remember reading articles that stated that Randy Rhoads felt his work on 'Diary of Madman' was too rushed since they had go back on the road again.

My memory sucks sometimes Blizzard or Diary? 201269 I can see how I could get confused after al theses years.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:26 am

Diary!

The band's songwriting improved greatly and the guitar sound and production was better too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blizzard or Diary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard or Diary?   Blizzard or Diary? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blizzard or Diary?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next