Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dommin New Band I Found

Go down 
+2
MetalRob331
A Handful of Wayne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Dommin New Band I Found Empty
PostSubject: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Went to see HIM lastnight and I checked out who was opening before hand. There was 3 opening bands Drive A (a punk rock band), We Are The Fallen (new band from Evanecense members with a girl from American Idol singing) They did a decent cover of Flight Of Icarus but they just sound like a clone Evanecense. The other band was Dommin. If you like The 69 Eyes you'll like this band. Really cool guys. After their set they came out to their merch table and stayed there the whole night taking pictures and signing stuff. I talked to the keyboard player a little bit, cool guy. They are from California and been around for 5 years.

What struck me was the vocalist, usually with these goth bands the vocalist either works or they don't for me but this guy was great. He's a mix between Keith Caputo and Danzig (atleast thats what I think) Really catchy songs and all around great band.

Heres a video for one of their songs. Its the opening track to their newest album. They have a self released album but it was limited to 2,000 copies so I doubt i'll ever come across it. if anyone has it though let me know. The new album is called Love Is Gone if you see it pick it up, if you like what you hear of course.

Actually Toho you should like this.... Dommin New Band I Found Icon_biggrin

Oh and don't let the singers hair bother you just ignore it. hahaha

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:45 pm

I posted about this band in the "Would You Buy This" thread (page 6). They're an OK band but after streaming the album numerous times it got boring fast. I dig some tunes on the album and the others I can't tolerate. It has to do with the mood of the music. Not a bad band, but IMO not the greatest or a style I like...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:24 pm

I talked Roadrunner into sending me a few albums awhile back and Dommin was one of them they passed along. I never got around to listening to it. Oops. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:33 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I posted about this band in the "Would You Buy This" thread (page 6). They're an OK band but after streaming the album numerous times it got boring fast. I dig some tunes on the album and the others I can't tolerate. It has to do with the mood of the music. Not a bad band, but IMO not the greatest or a style I like...

Oh sorry I never read that section haha. I did a search surprised it didnt come up. I don't think theyr the greatest band on earth, that spot is for Helloween (haha) but I just thought they were a pretty good band since there really hasn't been anything knew that I liked all that much until I heard this.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:23 am

LOVE THIS!!!

The lead vocalist reminds me of Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode quite a bit.

Very awesome stuff!

Just added it to my list!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:16 am

I listened to samples on Amazon.

Not bad but not heavy enough for me. It does sound more like Depeche Mode than 69 Eyes to me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:37 am

Checking out when I get home.....ugh, Monday..piece of crap.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I listened to samples on Amazon.

Not bad but not heavy enough for me. It does sound more like Depeche Mode than 69 Eyes to me.

Not a Depeche Mode fan so I wouldn't even notice the similarities. They sort of fit in the 69 eyes/HIM genre and maybe even early Entwine.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:03 pm

Goooodddd stuff...except the rhythm guitars, too 'modern' for this..they add little........Getting an old Type O feel too, but more 'streamlined' in an accessible way...which is strange, but it seems to work.

Also, dude had it coming, the chick is clearly a ditz.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Yeah, so basically if this band didn't want to be some crappy alternative/'nu rock' thing at the same time as attempting to play some classic gothic rock, they would be way cooler.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Yeah, so basically if this band didn't want to be some crappy alternative/'nu rock' thing at the same time as attempting to play some classic gothic rock, they would be way cooler.

The modern sound is the only thing going for this band if you ask me. The heavier moments on this album save the cd for me. Good band and Im sure they will get better..
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Yea I expect the next album to be better.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:08 am

Not sure what all the complaining is about.

I like how they weave in more modern elements into the older style.

It sets them apart, which is ironic - but true.

I'm all over this.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:59 pm

This band kind of dropped off the face of the earth for a little while because they were dropped from their record label (roadrunner I believe). Anyway, They are kind of up in the air about what they are going to do about releasing an album, so for now they are releasing videos on youtube of their songs that they have worked on and haven't been released.

Heres one they released in 2010 called the Quiet Man

Heres some more songs they have released this year

PostSubject: Re: Dommin New Band I Found   Dommin New Band I Found Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dommin New Band I Found
Page 1 of 1