Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meshuggah's best album

Go down 
+13
Wurthless
Lurideath
Hamer12
AllShallPerish
DeathCult
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
kmorg
Ben Grimm
mc666
RiseAndFall
Orion Crystal Ice
fingers
17 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Meshuggah's best album Empty
PostSubject: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:12 pm

I have heard afew songs here and there of this band but I am thinking of buying their albums which one shall I get first
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:29 pm

man, start a thread on a good band. Meshuggah's best album Lol Meshuggah's best album 84826

eh..Meshuggah isn't that terrible......or, they don't have to be at least. The thing is that their music is completely, totally centered around rhythms, strict strict full band rhythms, completely counterbalancing a melodic sense......and I don't think they do it too well most of the time. Now I have 'Chaosphere'...and while the production sucks, and a lot of times I have to just kind of get used to the vocals because they're so dry on there... I think 'Chaosphere' is kind of cool because that album conjures up this neoindustrial/horror vision that just WORKS with the songs on there and what they do musically. Also, the leadwork on there is some of their best. As I said, the production, the SOUND wears me out, but the SONGS not so much. The problem is how limited their choice of brand is in scope, you just cannot progress a lot with that sound and still retain that sound, it's like punk or black metal. So I have found a lot of their material weak. But on 'Chaosphere' it feels strong and like it has a purpose, and thus, horrible mixing aside, I would recommend 'Chaosphere'.

RE
ARRANGE
MY

PATHETIC TISSUE
Back to top Go down
RiseAndFall
Metal novice
Metal novice
RiseAndFall

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:02 am

I liked Obzen and Nothing, but personally I would get one of them. Unless you really like Meshuggah and get into them big.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hromcan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:49 am

Destroy Erase Improve

Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:49 am

Obzen is a very good album
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:03 am

mc666 wrote:
Destroy Erase Improve

What he said! They never topped this, a defining masterpiece, imho.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:23 pm

kmorg wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Destroy Erase Improve

What he said! They never topped this, a defining masterpiece, imho.

I agree!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:00 am

mc666 wrote:
Destroy Erase Improve

Holy CRAP. I just heard this album for the first time tonight and WOW. These guys are insanely good. I never thought I'd hear jazz fusion guitar solos played over death metal rhythms...now I have. The time changes are INSANE in the best possible way.

Killer.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:25 am

S.D. wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Destroy Erase Improve

Holy CRAP. I just heard this album for the first time tonight and WOW. These guys are insanely good. I never thought I'd hear jazz fusion guitar solos played over death metal rhythms...now I have. The time changes are INSANE in the best possible way.

Killer.

their other albums aren't bad either, but this is their masterpiece.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:32 am

mc666 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Destroy Erase Improve

Killer.

their other albums aren't bad either, but this is their masterpiece.

Agreed...
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Destroy Erase Improve and None are my two favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:50 pm

I've sampled several of their albums on Spotify (they also have the EPs). I like the first few albums the best...although Chaosphere sounds SO bad on the production front that I can't listen to it.

Destroy Erase Improve and Nothing are the ones I enjoyed the most. There were some good songs on the later albums but they seem to have curtailed the crazy time signatures somewhat and that's what made those early records so interesting.

I love the lead guitarist, he has a unique way of combining fusion and metal guitar styles together.
Back to top Go down
AllShallPerish
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:10 pm

Their best album is by far Obzen, and the best song on it is Bleed
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:12 pm

well, Meshuggah is one of those bands I want to like a whole lot more than I do..... I believe 'Chaosphere' is my favorite out of what I have heard, what I have heard being that album, 'I', most of 'Catch-22', and 'ObZen'. I like 'Chaosphere' because I feel like the themes and sound there work so incredibly well together, and many of the songs are more memorable than what I've heard otherwise. I suppose I need to check out 'Destroy Erase Improve' although the later stuff kind of got me weary of checking out all the older stuff. I have to say I also find it INCREDIBLY irritating how many Meshuggah songs end on a fade out, you just shouldn't be that nuts in a song and then end up fading the thing out with no resolution, but that's just me...........................
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:51 pm

OBZEN is my favorite. Every time I hear Bleed I want to destroy something!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:49 pm

Contradictions Collapse is my favorite. Destroy Erase Improve is also great. Never cared for anything after it except the EP called The True Human Design.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:09 pm

I've tried getting into Meshuggah, but they just seem so cold and mechanical. From a musical standpoint, they're great; but nothing has really resonated with me.

I might as well give Destroy Erase Improve another shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Wurthless wrote:
I've tried getting into Meshuggah, but they just seem so cold and mechanical. From a musical standpoint, they're great; but nothing has really resonated with me.

I might as well give Destroy Erase Improve another shot.

That is the album that I liked the best. I still think Meshuggah is actually more progressive than most bands labeled as progressive metal.

lol!
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:53 pm

mc666 wrote:
Destroy Erase Improve

Yeah this is their best album in my opinion. The only album that has come close to being as awesome to me is the newest album Koloss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:44 pm

As far as I can tell from what I've sampled, I only really enjoy their earlier stuff. Right now I'm listening to the EP None.

Back to top Go down
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:41 am

EP "None" is their best work so far headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 8:52 pm

In my personal opinion
Obzen has the most generally memorable songs
Chaosphere is a close second
NOTHING is pretty crappy and monotonousness aside from how catchy Rational Gaze is.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Wurthless wrote:

Same here, but maybe my brain isn't just equipped to understand Math Metal

been into them for a brief period but now Meshuggah is totally oblivious to me, however I'd recommend "D.E.I."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meshuggah's best album   Meshuggah's best album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meshuggah's best album
Page 1 of 1