Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BFMV-"FEVER"

Go down 
+10
mc666
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
Thrasher73
MetalRob331
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
ultmetal
7thSaviour
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:39 am

Just picked up the latest Bullet For My Valentine disc! Anyone else here have it yet? What do you think of Bullet in general?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:41 am

I try not to. Not my thing
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:22 am

Not really into this band, though I did check out their new single and video.

I generally find that I don't care for bands with sentences for band names.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:36 am

I just listened to the album for the first time and really dig it! 9/10 If you like modern hardrock/metal in the vein of Avenged Sevenfold, you'll dig these guys! Less screamo than they used to be.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:00 am

I hear that a lot from people emailing me asking me to add bands to my site. They generally say things like "the new album is less metalcore", "they don't scream as much", "they dropped the emo", etc.

There are so many great real metal bands to listen to that I just generally don't find much interest in these new bands riding modern trends in hard music. I know, that just means I am getting old. BFMV-"FEVER" 251456

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:11 am

Picked it up yesterday - haven't listened to it yet. The first two are HEAVILY influenced by Megadeth.... with the "cookie monster" vocals thrown in for good measure every now and then...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:18 am

Quote :
"they don't scream as much",

Seems like allot of these types of bands are starting to drop the "scream-o" stuff. Think it's a push to get more mainstream attention or are the guys blowing out their voices? Maybe a little bit of both?

Don't care much either way, just wonderin'.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:26 am

BFMV is a killer band IMO. Tons of melodies and pummeling songs. I streamed this album and its not bad. Its def not on par with The Poison which is one killer record. The lyrics on this album are all about breaking up and bad relationships which is very odd for a band that plays that style of music. I see the band is going a simpler direction when it comes to the riffs. I find the softer songs on the album to be the best as they fit Matt's voice better.

All in all this album isnt on par with The Poison and Scream Aim Fire but its not a bad listen. I just wish Matt would get more balls when he sings. 7/10

KILLER TRACKS:
A Place Where You Belong, Fever, Bittersweet Memories, and Breaking Down Breaking Out
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:37 am

Scream Aim Fire wasnt too bad.More of a move toward a Thrashy direction.In General these bands get old quick though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:43 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Scream Aim Fire wasnt too bad.More of a move toward a Thrashy direction.In General these bands get old quick though.

Who is that charming young lady in your avatar Thrasher? I think I'm in love lust. Is that Steve Harris' daughter?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:50 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Who is that charming young lady in your avatar Thrasher? I think I'm in love lust. Is that Steve Harris' daughter?

Looks like Lauren to me!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:04 pm

I don't really care much for Bullet for My Valentine.

But I've only ever heard a few songs (to be fair).
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:35 pm

ultmetal wrote:
There are so many great real metal bands to listen to that I just generally don't find much interest in these new bands riding modern trends in hard music. I know, that just means I am getting old. BFMV-"FEVER" 251456

You and me both boss. Honestly, I'd rather put on an old KISS, Maiden or Priest album than listen to some trendy douchebag metalcore band. I feel old sometimes, haha.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Good album, not as good as the first two, but still a good album. At least the cookie monster vocals are all but gone
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:00 pm

i have SAF, & it's not awful. the title track is probably the best song on it. still, not something i spin much.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:10 pm

a sack of buttholes
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:48 pm

I def dont like these guys lumped under metalcore. Cant decide where else to go with them though. Awesome band....
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:56 pm

007 wrote:
I try not to. Not my thing

BFMV-"FEVER" Lol
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Cannot stand this band. Matt Tuck's voice grates like nothing else to my voice.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:13 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
I def dont like these guys lumped under metalcore. Cant decide where else to go with them though. Awesome band....
Agreed! This new CD kicks ass! 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:14 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
a sack of buttholes
Bull! They are really cool blokes! I saw them play live and they put on a great show and were very nice to the fans.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:15 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Good album, not as good as the first two, but still a good album. At least the cookie monster vocals are all but gone
I still like Scream, Aim, Fire the best, but this new one is just as good as their first one, at least.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:59 pm

If I see a cheap copy of "Scream, Aim, Fire", I might pick it up ... just to give this band a fair chance.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:18 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
If I see a cheap copy of "Scream, Aim, Fire", I might pick it up ... just to give this band a fair chance.
It's their best CD so far! 10/10
Back to top Go down
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Being a fan for years and watching them grow. This album is a great progression forward. Agreed it's a bit mellowed in areas, but it's great that they aren't staying a one trick pony. Over all the album is strong and might make it in to the top 10 list this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BFMV-"FEVER" Empty
PostSubject: Re: BFMV-"FEVER"   BFMV-"FEVER" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BFMV-"FEVER"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: