Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???

Go down 
+9
Dave the Boss
kmorg
DallasBlack
metalken
Metallic Blaze
AchrisK
nevermore
chewie
ZetaReticuli
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:23 pm

my thoughts:

Candlemass >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nevermore & Symphony X
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:43 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
my thoughts:

Candlemass >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nevermore & Symphony X

If I had to rank em I'd go:

1. Candlemass (Messiah era only)
2. Symphony X
3. Nevermore

all are faves though ...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:47 am

oddly enough I actually haven't heard much of the newer Lowe stuff as of yet...
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:36 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
oddly enough I actually haven't heard much of the newer Lowe stuff as of yet...

I think King of the Grey Islands is a phenomenal record. I didn't like it at all when I bought it when it came out, but now I really love it. Death Magic Doom isn't nearly as good imo. It might just be their weakest album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:11 am

The stuff w/ Lowe is effin' BRILLIANT...especially Death Magic Doom...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:29 pm

I haven't even picked up "Death Magic Doom" yet because of how utterly disappointed I was with "King of the Grey Islands".

It's a good album, but it's not hardly memorable at all. I can listen to it all the way through and then not even remember one song from it!

NO HOOKS! BOO!

Bring back Messiah! He OWNS Candlemass!!!

I can spin "Nightfall" and "Ancient Dreams" all day long!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:42 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I haven't even picked up "Death Magic Doom" yet because of how utterly disappointed I was with "King of the Grey Islands".

It's a good album, but it's not hardly memorable at all. I can listen to it all the way through and then not even remember one song from it!

NO HOOKS! BOO!

Bring back Messiah! He OWNS Candlemass!!!

I can spin "Nightfall" and "Ancient Dreams" all day long!!!

If you can't recall "Emperor Of The Void" after listening to it then your brain obviously has a gaping hole where everything runs out of it... Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 201269 That's a GREAT song!!

If you thought that album had no hooks, then Messiah would not have helped it...the whole album was written for him and Lowe just showed up and sang it after Messiah's departure.

Try Death Magic Doom...it's even better, IMO...Lowe was involved in that one from the ground up....
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:52 am

King of the Grey Islands is CMass' BEST album to date my miles for me. I felt that Death Magic was a let down after the awesomeness of Grey Islands.

But I'd rank the bands as:
Nevermore
Cmass

Gap

Symphony X (Talk about non-memorable songs)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:28 am

With all the differing opinions on Candlemass, it seems that they have something somewhere in the catalog that most people will like...

On a sheer vocal level, I'd rank Messiah under Lowe...just because I like Lowe's voice a little better.

I think Death Magic Doom was a step up from KotGI...but I think both are very good...
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:52 am

S wrote:
With all the differing opinions on Candlemass, it seems that they have something somewhere in the catalog that most people will like...

Yup, and it's called Epicus Doomicus Metallicus. lol!

I think the songwriting on DMD just isn't up to par with the rest of the discography. It's hardly Lowe's fault. After all, he's one helluva singer, but on the other hand I kinda doubt if he was the best choice for Candlemass.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:56 am

I like Death Magic Doom. Haven't heard King of Grey Island. Yet.

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:08 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
S wrote:

Yup, and it's called Epicus Doomicus Metallicus. lol!

I think the songwriting on DMD just isn't up to par with the rest of the discography. It's hardly Lowe's fault. After all, he's one helluva singer, but on the other hand I kinda doubt if he was the best choice for Candlemass.

Man...I think songs like "Hammer Of Doom", "The Bleeding Baroness", "If I Ever Die", "My Funeral Dreams" and "Lucifer Rising" are some of the band's best songs!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Yeah, I'm with Dave on this.

Lowe does have a good voice, and he's great probably in Solitude Aeternus (I don't know, as I don't have any of their stuff, but I'm guessing).

But he just doesn't fit with Candlemass for me. For me Candlemass sounds like Messiah and that's all there is to it.

Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Rex wrote:

You obviously never heard Candlelight Fantasia, The Accolade (I & II), Set The World on Fire, Paradise Lost, The Sacrifice, or the certain sections of The Odyssey all of which contain some of the most memorable melodies I've ever heard.

Then agin no two people hears the same song the same way and our tastes differ quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:01 pm

Gentlemen, I'm still trying to figure out what the guitarist got hit by in their new dvd trailer at :30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPt1edok3R0&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:35 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Rex wrote:

You obviously never heard Candlelight Fantasia, The Accolade (I & II), Set The World on Fire, Paradise Lost, The Sacrifice, or the certain sections of The Odyssey all of which contain some of the most memorable melodies I've ever heard.

Then agin no two people hears the same song the same way and our tastes differ quite a bit.

Very true Dallas.

If anyone's songs bring me in and inundate me with hooks, Symphony X's do! Symphony X has some of the most memorable songs in all of metal and assuredly all of prog-metal!!

Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:29 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Rex wrote:

Very true Dallas.

If anyone's songs bring me in and inundate me with hooks, Pagans Mind's do! Pagan's Mind has some of the most memorable songs in all of metal and assuredly all of prog-metal!!

oh, sorry, did I do that? Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Drunken_smilie
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:54 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Lowe does have a good voice, and he's great probably in Solitude Aeternus (I don't know, as I don't have any of their stuff, but I'm guessing).

But he just doesn't fit with Candlemass for me. For me Candlemass sounds like Messiah and that's all there is to it.

I think you'll love Solitude Aeturnus! Their first album is one of the finest American doom metal albums ever. I've always thought of 'em as the bastard child of early Candlemass and Maiden. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Rex wrote:

Very true Dallas.

If anyone's songs bring me in and inundate me with hooks, Pagans Mind's do! Pagan's Mind has some of the most memorable songs in all of metal and assuredly all of prog-metal!!

oh, sorry, did I do that? Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Drunken_smilie

How can I not agree with you though? After all, Pagan's Mind is my all time favorite band!

Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 604261

However, Symphony X is also a very good band in their own right.

Dave the Boss wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

I think you'll love Solitude Aeturnus! Their first album is one of the finest American doom metal albums ever. I've always thought of 'em as the bastard child of early Candlemass and Maiden. Good stuff.

I'll check them out sometime. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
RiseAndFall
Metal novice
Metal novice
RiseAndFall

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:16 am

Spec wrote:
Nevermass X!
Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 201269 OH MY smurfing GOD YES!!!!

That being said ... no one has any news that this is going to happen. Because that show would rape my balls!

Also stoked for Maiden and Dream Theater! That is going to be a dickrippingly fantastic show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hromcan
RiseAndFall
Metal novice
Metal novice
RiseAndFall

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:17 am

RiseAndFall wrote:
Spec wrote:
Nevermass X!
OH MY smurfing GOD YES!!!!

... I am going to use smurfing daily now just because of that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hromcan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???   Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together??? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nevermore...Candlemass...Symphony X...together???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: