Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grave Digger - Liberty or Death

Go down 
+12
Shawn Of Fire
Gilbert
scottmitchell74
Wargod
iamrockerfun
GrandNational
exact33
INVADERS
krokus
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Empty
PostSubject: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 11:13 am

I haven't heard much talk of the new Grave Digger. Who has it and what do you think of it?

I heard it today for the first time and it sounds like classic Grave Digger to me. It will take a few more spins to become familiar with it, but so far so good.

🤘
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 11:25 am

Haven't picked it up yet. The only shop that is carrying it around here is charging $17.99!

I'll probably order it from some online distro.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 12:48 pm

One of their best albums! Need to get the org. copy soon ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 1:23 pm

I like it but it's no where near the glory days of the early '90's, and if you wish to compare it to the more recent releases I'd say it's not as strong as "The Last Supper".
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 3:40 pm

I bought it and i realy like it and dont agree with LOCKY this time lol. Great cd that you will love for shore brother ULTMETAL. Their is one song with a nice arab touch to it that makes the song very special.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 5:33 am

i have it, and personally . . i think it's better than there last few releases . . . Awesome band, f****** Awesome CD
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 4:01 pm

It is one of their stronger cds in recent years. I think it is heavier than last supper but maybe not quite as memorable from song to song. If your gonna get it on cd get the euroversion that has the bonus track. It is one of the best songs on the cd!

Alex

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 4:18 pm

Locky wrote:
I like it but it's no where near the glory days of the early '90's, and if you wish to compare it to the more recent releases I'd say it's not as strong as "The Last Supper".

I'm with Locky on this one. I think the album is great, but not better than their 90's material.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 4:30 pm

i have Grave Digger album and some of the last. need to download new.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 9:06 am

Grave Digger can't do no wrong IMO. They keep cranking out good cd after cd and this is one of their better releases!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:20 am

Wargod48 wrote:
Grave Digger can't do no wrong IMO. They keep cranking out good cd after cd and this is one of their better releases!

Wargod48

After hearing the CD a couple times, I agree with you. There isn't a Grave Digger CD that I haven't liked and the new CD is no exception. It will make m Top 20 for the year for sure.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 1:57 pm

This one is a grower. The more I listen, the more I like it. That is why I held off writing a review for the last update. I decided to live with it a while and as I suspected, the more I listen the more I like it.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 2:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
This one is a grower. The more I listen, the more I like it. That is why I held off writing a review for the last update. I decided to live with it a while and as I suspected, the more I listen the more I like it.

ult

Ult you have to get a copy of Rebellion's (Tomi & Uwe's band after Grave Digger) 4th CD "Miklagard - Sagas of Iceland Vol. II" It's great, You'll love it I'm sure.

Grave Digger - Liberty or Death 142942
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 2:53 pm

Will add it to the 'ol want list. Thanks.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 4:27 pm

I just got it in the mail today! It's good! It's my first Grave Digger but I can see/hear the talent. Guess I've been missing!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 7:35 pm

Quote :
Ult you have to get a copy of Rebellion's (Tomi & Uwe's band after Grave Digger) 4th CD "Miklagard - Sagas of Iceland Vol. II" It's great, You'll love it I'm sure.

Grave Digger - Liberty or Death 142942

Ult I know you will love this, Rebellion fast becoming an all time fav of mine just got "Born A Rebel" also great!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 pm

Wargod....it seems are tastes overlap quite a bit....I'm on their myspace right now.....WOW!! This is a must have. It's in the vein of Cage in my opinion! This is massive!

Thanks for another great heads up!

Let me ask since I'm only able to hear Miklagard....are their previous works this good?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:47 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Let me ask since I'm only able to hear Miklagard....are their previous works this good?

I personally think they all have great qualities, up to this "Born a Rebel" was my favourite, it's pure hard rockin' Heavy Metal. I'd imagine that the hardest release for people to get into is their debut CD "A Tragedy In Steel, Shakespeare's Macbeth" I liked it as I studied Shakespear in shcool growing up but alot of people may find it a tad annoying what with the spoken worded storyline between some of the tracks, but some great tracks on this album too. The first "Saga's" CD is another Powerful album and is worth checking out.

Tomi is a History teacher, hence all the history concepts in the material that he writes for Rebellion and what he did during his time in Grave Digger (see : Tunes of War)

My order of liking to date is :
Miklagard - The History Of The Vikings Volume II
Born A Rebel
Sagas of Iceland - The History Of The Vikings Volume I
A Tragedy In Steel - Shakespeare's MacBeth

Randy Black of Annihilator & Primal Fear fame was the Drummer on the first two CDs.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:38 pm

Scott I's say you can't go wrong with any of their releases all are good!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 6:04 am

I remember seeing this album in a shop in oslo/Norway 10 years ago and not picking it up. A decision i regretted ever since. Until i finally found a used copy lately.

Been playing it ever since. Awesome record.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 10:51 am

I've been listening to old Grave Digger this week....great stuff!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 11:16 am

I think this album is the last truly great album they put out. Others are good but not up to this level.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 11:21 am

Yeah I like this one.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 12:00 pm

I cannot understand the bad reviews. The entire album smokes.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Don't think I have this one, but may have to...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Liberty or Death   Grave Digger - Liberty or Death Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grave Digger - Liberty or Death
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next