Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ReVamp

Go down 
+2
mc666
Eyesore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:52 am

Awesome!

Floor's voice is amazing. Cannot wait for this album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 pm

she sounds great. the music is ok. a little more keyboard-y than i had hoped, but not bad.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:08 pm

I have been holding my breath for this one for quite some time.

The break-up of After Forever was quite heartbreaking for me.

Perhaps I can find solace in ReVamp. I hope so.

From the sounds of it ... this is gonna be a bad-ass freeking album!!!

I'm so glad Sorychta is on board for this.

Eyesore, any word on a release date for this?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:08 pm

Can't wait to hear it! I saw After Forever in ATL a while back during their S/T disc tour, and they rocked!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:54 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Can't wait to hear it! I saw After Forever in ATL a while back during their S/T disc tour, and they rocked!

You lucky basterd you.

Was that at PPUSA?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

You lucky basterd you.

Was that at PPUSA?
Yeah, it was! You should really start attending this festival! ReVamp 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:52 pm

Sounds great. Too bad it's 2,000 miles away from me though. I travel quite a bit, but mostly in the western USA.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:35 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Sounds great. Too bad it's 2,000 miles away from me though. I travel quite a bit, but mostly in the western USA.
Travel over this way. You have the money, so make the time! ReVamp 604261
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:39 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

You're right bro. I really do need to make the time one day. And one day I will. We'll have a brew together yet.

ReVamp 495333
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:40 pm

I have no clue about the bands history. I listened to the clip and what caught my attention was the drums. They are quite busy and at times get a bit of groove going. This type of playing is really kewl. It has some speed without the lame blast beat approach. The footwork is mixed up enough to give a nice flavor to the tune. Like Mr 666 said, the keys are a bit thick. The chick's voice is nice. She sings w/out being overbearing or the "look-at-what-I-can-do" approach.

Gonna check their info online and see if they are gonna be playing round me.

Thanks Ken, again my oblivious tendacies roar it's ugly lil head.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:06 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

You're right bro. I really do need to make the time one day. And one day I will. We'll have a brew together yet.

ReVamp 495333
ReVamp 11840 ReVamp 495333
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 8:36 am

Can I get a graveyard bump?

Quote :
Former AFTER FOREVER frontwoman and current NIGHTWISH touring singer Floor Jansen will release the second album from her REVAMP project, "Wild Card", in Europe on August 23 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded at SandLane Studio in Rijen, The Netherlands with Joost van den Broek (ex-AFTER FOREVER) and will feature guest choir parts by Marcela Bovio (STREAM OF PASSION) and Daniƫl de Jongh (TEXTURES).

Regarding the album title, Jansen states: "This album became the most aggressive album I've ever made and in the lyrics I tell a lot about my personal experiences of the last years. This resulted into some heavy stories and some open-hearted 'screams' I needed out of my system. It matches the violence of the music in a great way; we wrote as a great team! But not one sentence or word can really cover the contents of this album. Its variety in all its ingredients makes it almost impossible.

"A wild card is an unpredictable and unforeseeable factor. You don't know what you're getting, or when. That's this album! It's 100% REVAMP and it's your wild card!"

The "Wild Card" cover artwork was created by Richard Stark of NI Concept And Design. Jansen explains: "I am the queen of hearts on it, who is a wild card herself. You see a 'nice' and a 'nasty' queen. The nasty one has a cracked lip, cuts in her face and a bleeding heart in her hand. The other queen looks nice even though queens of hearts never truly are...

"Again, what is it you're going to get? In that respect it visualizes the music, from aggressive and nasty to melodic and pretty. This theme has been important to me personally throughout my career and also in this album I played with it to the max. I used my voice in so many different ways now! The music invited me to do this.

"I am super proud of the amazing guitar riffs, the versatile and groovy but mega tight drums and the keyboard sounds and arrangements that bring something new to the table.

"We hope you like our wild card!"

The first trailer for the "Wild Card", including video footage from the studio and a brand new song snippet, can be seen below.

REVAMP recently announced the addition of bassist Henk Vonk to the group's ranks. He replaces Jaap Melman, who left REVAMP before the band entered the studio to begin recording its second album. The CD was eventually completed with the help of STREAM OF PASSION bassist Johan van Stratum, who filled in on short notice and "did an amazing job to record and edit the bass parts," according to a press release.

Floor previously stated about the making of "Wild Card": "Never before in my career I faced a situation like the one we were in with this album. It was a huge challenge because of several reasons. My sickness caused a major break between the first album and tours, plus the writing of the first ideas for the second album and the actual finalization of those songs and the album. And right at the moment we started to pick everything back up after I was sick, I joined NIGHTWISH. Like a winter and a summer storm, they bring unexpected things, some nasty ones and some amazingly wonderful!

"Also the recording of this album was unlike any I did before because I was on tour with NIGHTWISH most of the time. Guided by Joost van den Broek, the talented musicians of REVAMP recorded all the instruments, and when I came back to The Netherlands, I stepped into the studio to find a rough diamond. A shiny dark crystal: ready for my vocals. That was magical! The singing went smoother than ever before. The lyrics are like a roadmap through our storms and through my personal detours and horrors.

"With pride we can announce our partner in crime from the first album will again join forces with us! Metal and rock giant Nuclear Blast will again make sure REVAMP's new album reaches YOUR music collection wherever you are on this metal-loving planet!!!

"Nuclear Blast knows about storms and their metal heart beats like ours. I am very exited they will release this album! The team is so good and with such great people I have no doubts our cooperation will again be fantastic."

ReVamp Revampwildcard

Love that artwork.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 10:41 pm

I really liked the first album.....I'll definitely be getting this.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:06 pm

Oooh! Devin Townsend is one a song on this new album!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ReVamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReVamp   ReVamp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ReVamp
Page 1 of 1