Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Briton Rites Debut Out Now!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cauldron_Born
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Empty
PostSubject: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:49 am

The Briton Rites debut FOR MIRCALLA is now available through Echoes Of Crom Records! Click here for ordering information:

http://www.britonrites.com/Debut_Album.html

Howie
Back to top Go down
Cauldron_Born
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:32 am

For those who haven't heard it yet,here is the demo:

http://www.myspace.com/britonrites
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:57 pm

I like it!! Heavy heavy stuff! Keep up the great work!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:57 am

Got mine in last Thursday. It's by far the best album I've heard so far this year, no joke. I think so far my favorites are Vampire Hunter, 1600 and The Right Hand of Doom. Hope this baby'll come out on vinyl!
Back to top Go down
Cauldron_Born
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Dave: Thanks!I am glad you like it. I emailed High Roller Records to see if they would be interested in collaborating on vinyl,but I haven't heard back from them.

Howie
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Can't seem to get this out of my player, haha! Howie, what gear did you use to get that heavy as hell tone on the recording? And for the first Cauldron Born album? I wish I had a tone like that, haha!
Back to top Go down
Cauldron_Born
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:44 am

Thanks Dave! On the Briton Rites album I used my Marshall JCM 800(that I have had since 1987) with an overdrive pedal and my Carvin V220 guitar. That Carvin guitar sounds much better than the Gibson SGs I hear most of those guys using on Doom albums. I wish I could somehow clone that guitar.

On BORN OF THE CAULDRON,I used an old Marshall Plexi that I borrowed from the studio that I was recording in at the time, and my Carvin DC 200(with a Koa body,maple neck and ebony fingerboard).

Howie
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:00 am

Ha, I could've sworn that was a vintage SG on the Briton Rites album! Already thought it was a JCM 800. It's a shame those babies are damn expensive nowadays. That typical JCM 800 sound is epic metal perfection in my opinion. Anyway, thanks Howie!
Back to top Go down
Cauldron_Born
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Hey Dave: No problem! I have an old Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier that needs some work done on it. I am thinking I am going to use it to record some of this Cauldron Born stuff I have been writing,when I can get to it.

Howie
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:46 am

Never played on a Dual Rectifier before. The thing with Mesa Boogies though is that you either hate 'em or love 'em. I remember a friend of mine ranting about how much he hated the Mesa Boogie he had to play a gig with, haha.

I checked out Carvin's site, and those guitar are pretty damn affordable. I could get a customized V220 for the price of Gibson SG Standard. Pretty cool! Let's hope they've got dealers in Europe...
Back to top Go down
Cauldron_Born
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Dave: The Dual Rectifier is a good sounding amp,but it seems to spend a lot of time in the repair shop.

Carvin only deals directly with the customer,no retail stores. I think you can only order them from California. I have seen them in used gear stores,though.

Howie
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:24 pm

For some weird reason I can't access the American Carvin site here in Holland, and they cost like three times as much for some weird reason. The V220 on the American site is around 750 USD standard, while internationally an uncustomized V220 is 1500 euros (!!). I'm thinking about saving up money for the same custom model Tom Philips of While Heaven Wept uses: http://www.onyxforgeguitars.com/C19.html. Looks and sounds massive!
Back to top Go down
Cauldron_Born
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Dave: There is a custom shop in Poland where a lot of the Death Metal elite like Peter from Vader and Moyses from Krisiun are getting their guitars from. The guitar company is called RAN.Alex,the guitar player from Blacksword has one and he likes it a lot.

http://www.ranguitars.com/

Howie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Briton Rites Debut Out Now!   Briton Rites Debut Out Now! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Briton Rites Debut Out Now!
Page 1 of 1