Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?

Go down 
+3
exact33
tohostudios
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spyder Jonez
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 35

Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?   Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:12 pm

detuned wrote:
This was the first year I missed the draft in quite awhile (working). Did the Seahawks pick anyone decent?

Wonder how Carroll is going to do in his first season as coach?

ex-Seattlite is curious.

They did pretty good. In the 1st they grabbed a beast OT, a beast of a Safety, then in the 2nd a fantastic WR who should fit well opposite T.J. They also nabbed a potentially good CB, ptentially good DE in round four, a hard hitting SS in round five(who fell into their laps), and a solid TE in round 6.

I'd say they did very good, two more weapons to throw to, an improved O.L., and the safety positions are quite solid now.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?   Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Spyder Jonez wrote:
detuned wrote:
This was the first year I missed the draft in quite awhile (working). Did the Seahawks pick anyone decent?

Wonder how Carroll is going to do in his first season as coach?

ex-Seattlite is curious.

They did pretty good. In the 1st they grabbed a beast OT, a beast of a Safety, then in the 2nd a fantastic WR who should fit well opposite T.J. They also nabbed a potentially good CB, ptentially good DE in round four, a hard hitting SS in round five(who fell into their laps), and a solid TE in round 6.

I'd say they did very good, two more weapons to throw to, an improved O.L., and the safety positions are quite solid now.

Don't forget the other deals they did. They acquired Lendale White from the Titans and Leon Washington from the Jets, both capable runningbacks that will make a good tandem in the Seahawks system. Not a bad start for Carroll and Co.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Jonez
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?   Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Yeah I forgot about those. Carroll is starting off on the right foot and doing some good stuff. IMO all they really NEED is a QB next offseason.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?   Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:23 am

On paper the Seahawks did well but, as with all drafts, the proof is in the play.

PostSubject: Re: Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?   Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:20 pm

Spyder Jonez wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
Quote :
LOL @ Claustrich taking a massive nosedive.

you won't be laughing in a couple of years.

Nah, i'll still be laughing at the guy who couldn't break .500 in COLLEGE and got beat down by weak teams consistently. I'm sure he'll continue the tradition in the NFL and prove he's another Brady Quiff.

They didn't lose those game last year because of him. He constantly brought the team back in the 4th quarter and the defense would blow it.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Jonez
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?   Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:24 pm

You must be a Notre Dame fan. Brought them back? The kids "comebacks" were always in garbage time against Prevent D's. It is what it is, the guy played worse then Brady "Career backup" Quinn did at N.D. with superior talent against some pretty bad opponents. I mean, when you can't even outperform Quinn in the same program with better talent.... Yeah, that's pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?   Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:22 pm

The Rams unloaded Alex (False Start) Barron yesterday.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?   Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:

LOL!!!

I see the skins invited westbrook for a workout...

Spyder Jonez
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?   Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:26 am

tohostudios wrote:

Y'all need to release Steven Jackson and Sam Bradford! You don't need those types on your team, i'll trade ya a 2nd rounder for both, though. Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 48569
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?   Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Quote :
The kids "comebacks" were always in garbage time against Prevent D's.

Dude, you lost aal cred with this post. Look at these scores:

September 5Nevada W 35-01-0
September 12at Michigan L 38-341-1
September 19Michigan State W 33-302-1
September 26at Purdue W 24-213-1
October 3Washington W 37-304-1
October 17No. 6 USC L 34-274-2
October 24Boston College W 20-165-2
October 31Washington State W 40-146-2
November 7Navy L 23-216-3
November 14at No. 12 Pittsburgh L 27-226-4
November 21Connecticut L 33-306-5
November 28at Stanford L 45-386-6

Yeah, lots of garbage time with those scores. How can you have garbage time with such close scores?

once again, he would always bring them back and that lackluster defense would blow it.

you obviously have no clue what you speak of.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Jonez
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?   Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:03 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:

Dude, you lost aal cred with this post.

Whatever you say skippy. You're assuming credibility with you means something, it doesn't.

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Look at these scores:

Yeah, i'm looking, he lost to some mediocre teams, USC, and Pitt. So let's see here...

@USC: Entering the fourth USC leads 27-14. In under a minute they make it a 34-14 deficit. Sorry, that isn't close. It isn't anywhere near close. They weren't worried and went prevent D. I'm sorry you don't like that, but it is a fact. Great, he scored 14 points. As for Notre Dames defense, they seemed to fare pretty well during that 4th quarter LOL, "comeback" holding USC to their one T.D. to open the quarter. In other words, USC didn't score after Pickles two garbage time TD's.

Navy@: Entering the fourth Navy leads 21-7. Yet again, not close. Halfway through the 4th Navy still leads... 21-7. They eased up and went? Anyone? Prevent defense. Pickle proceeds to score 14 points.

@Pitt: Entering the fourth, what was Pittsburgh doing? Wait, oh that's right, leading 20-3, opening the opportunity to? Give Pickle two TD's. As ND's defense held Pitt to one fourth quarter TD. Then Tate returned a long punt return for a TD. See, it was this point Pitt returned to actually playing, which is why Notre Dame didn't score smurf poo after Tates PR.

Conn@: Now you're right, this one was close. Which is sad, it's Connecticut. But let's not rewrite history here, Clausen didn't do anything from between the start of the 2nd quarter into overtime. The kicker kept it close. Which going strictly off of logic, we're supposed to believe he could barely score against CT, yet somehow managed amazing 4th quarter "almost" comebacks against USC and Pitt? No dice.

Stanford@: I'll give ya this one. You can have it. N.D. and Pickle kept the game close the entire game.... Against freakin' Stanford.

What a comeback kid, no really.

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Yeah, lots of garbage time with those scores. How can you have garbage time with such close scores?

It's pretty simple. Unfortunately going on ESPN and doing a cut/paste job with the scores don't play a factor. You see, when a team enters the fourth quarter up 20+ points? They start playing soft defenses. They start resting their starters for plays.

DenimAndLeather wrote:
once again, he would always bring them back and that lackluster defense would blow it.

Yet had you clicked on those scores instead of just cut/pasting them, or actually watched the games for that matter, the bulk of the opposing teams points didn't come in the fourth quarter. So what i'm saying is you're incorrect. Again. Go look for yourself. In those losses the opposing teams weren't running all over ND's defense in 4th quarter shootouts driving up the score. It didn't happen.

DenimAndLeather wrote:
you obviously have no clue what you speak of.

I'll admit that is funny coming from you, considering your absolute cluelessness when it comes to football aside from cheerleading for a quarterback overhyped by Mel Kiper. You may want to actually know what the hell you're talking about the next time you scribe an angry insulting post towards me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?   Can the Rams blow their pick yet again? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can the Rams blow their pick yet again?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2