Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best era of RHCP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Best era of RHCP Empty
PostSubject: Best era of RHCP   Best era of RHCP Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Alot of people claim RHCP were only really good in the 90s and now and tend to bag out the Hillel Slovak era. I tend to disagree their recent 2 albums especially By The Way which is almost as bad as St Anger on how superficial it is have been complete turkeys just radio friendly crap that attracts an audience of teeny bopping 16 year olds who are into Rhianna, Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears. Californication had its moments but was the beginning of their downward spiral and also John Frusciante is a good guitarist but he sounds flat in most of the songs like
he trys to mix his New Order influence and that doesn't suit Anthony Keidis's vocals. One Hot Minute is alittle bit underrated alot of people hate that album but I think it has its moments and they still got some energy on that album but the chemistry however with Dave Navarro isn't as strong as with John Frusciante or not even close to Hillel Slovak. Black Sugar Sex Magic is a good album but bland if compared to the first 4 albums like it does loose abit of steam after Under the Bridge and some of the songs in between Under The Bridge and Power of Equality are dull and bland like I Could have Lied and The Righteous & The Wicked. However though if anyone considers this RHCP's best album it's the equivalent of labelling the black album MetallicA's best album. Mother's Milk is a fantastic album 5 star album and is the Master of Puppets of RHCP when it comes to how good it is. The Hillel Slovak albums are masterpieces as well ok not so much the debut album still good but not as good as Freaky Styley and Uplift Mofo Party Plan. Hillel Slovak is the Cliff Burton of Funk Guitar when it comes to talent. I reckon 80s RHCP is the best clearly.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Best era of RHCP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best era of RHCP   Best era of RHCP Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:44 pm

I love everything up to Mother's Milk. Everything after is not bad but just never hit me like the earlier stuff. BSSM may have been the biggest disappointment I ever had buying an album I was excited for. I still liked it, but was expecting.... basically Mother's Milk part two. It was smart of them to mature their sound though. Even if I wish they were still making things like the Special Secret Song Inside or Magic Johnson. The 80's RHCP is for me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Best era of RHCP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best era of RHCP   Best era of RHCP Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:20 am

I like the Mother's Milk era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best era of RHCP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best era of RHCP   Best era of RHCP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best era of RHCP
Page 1 of 1