Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saxon's Dogs of War

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Saxon's Dogs of War Empty
PostSubject: Saxon's Dogs of War   Saxon's Dogs of War Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:34 pm

This is one hell of an album that my brother in the US sent me.

Biff is incredible as always Saxon's Dogs of War 11840

Any fans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Dogs of War   Saxon's Dogs of War Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:42 pm

Might be my favorite by them. Probably not their best but it was such a great return to form for them and I love every song. Here's what I wrote in the Saxon discography thread.

If forever free was Saxon all the way back then Dogs Of War was Saxon dialed to 11. The original sound is in play yet a very melodic album with songs that stick in your head. So many great ones here, Great White Buffalo, Demolition Alley and the title track all being amazingly fired up and showing the boys in great form. Biff sounds in charge and the band sounds more confident then they had in awhile, no tinkering with trying to do arena rock and they left the sappy ballads alone. I love the song, Walking Through Tokyo, but it seems to be the one that leaves many cold. This album would see the Oliver bowing out but it was a stellar one to leave on. I consider this one a total must have in the Saxon catalog.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Dogs of War   Saxon's Dogs of War Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:57 pm

An underrated album in the Saxon catalog IMO.

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Dogs of War   Saxon's Dogs of War Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 am

The one I listen to least - but still better than 99.99% of all other recorded music.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Dogs of War   Saxon's Dogs of War Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 am

I agree, great album. FOREVER FREE was a good album too i think and SOLID BALLS OF ROCK kicked ass!!!!!!!!. But UNLEASH THE BEAST is even better then all the records i named just now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Dogs of War   Saxon's Dogs of War Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:51 am

Solid Ball Of Rock. Solid Balls sound like you've got stone cajones. Saxon's Dogs of War Lol
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Dogs of War   Saxon's Dogs of War Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:45 pm

Haven't you noticed that the album's cover art is very similar to WASP'S babylon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Dogs of War   Saxon's Dogs of War Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:09 am

The Four Horseman, yeah. That's used in a lot of metal artwork.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Dogs of War   Saxon's Dogs of War Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Fine art work, i must add.
Back to top Go down
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Dogs of War   Saxon's Dogs of War Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:27 pm

Good album, although far from their best. It was certainly a lot better than the godawful "Forever Free" album though. Where they really got it right was the next album in "Unleash The Beast"...that's a monster disc. "Solid Ball Of Rock" is also a great 90's Saxon album. They used the same producer on both Solid and Unleashed, and I think that how they were able to get the magic of those two albums and not the other 3 from the decade.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Dogs of War   Saxon's Dogs of War Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Good Album.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saxon's Dogs of War   Saxon's Dogs of War Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saxon's Dogs of War
Page 1 of 1