Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Back In Black ?

Go down 
+16
Dave the Boss
exact33
thejokeriv
iamrockerfun
akeldama
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
mr.electric39
arttieTHE1manparty
Getizzyback
manny
vanillaviking
tohostudios
MetalRob331
Addy
James B.
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Back In Black ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:00 am

Well, I think Bon's "spirit" was very much in evidence on that album. Whether he wrote any of the lyrics I don't know (though his lifestyle is there in the mood)...but there is one thing I know for sure...

...Since Back In Black, AC/DC has never quite been the same. I don't consider that album as the beginning of a new chapter, I see it as a loving tribute to their previous incarnation.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:04 am

detuned wrote:
Well, I think Bon's "spirit" was very much in evidence on that album. Whether he wrote any of the lyrics I don't know (though his lifestyle is there in the mood)...but there is one thing I know for sure...

...Since Back In Black, AC/DC has never quite been the same. I don't consider that album as the beginning of a new chapter, I see it as a loving tribute to their previous incarnation.

That last paragraph I agree completely
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:51 am

got book and there is everything explained.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:43 pm

I am sure he had something to do with the vocal melodies. Brian wrote the lyrics and Angus/Malcom wrote the music. I remember on the BTM AC/DC episode Brian was talking about how the lyrics came about for Hell's Bells (big storm outside - they had recorded at Compass Point, so came up with "Roaring thunder, power and rain, coming on like a hurricane", or talking about You Shook Me (he said "I always wanted to bang an american model, so I wrote the lyrics about it)

The lyrics are MUCH different that what Bon would have wrote - like Manny said about his style. Brian's were always more in your face sex than Bon's
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:24 pm

All I know is I em enjoying the AC/DC stuff a lot. BiB is a great album!

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:21 pm

I still love the boys from Down Under, not just Florida!

I would definately agree that the Spirit of Bon totally influenced how BIB was made. Not a doubt about it.

Malcome mentions in the Classic Rock article about how True and Emotional that album is. No doubt about that at all.

Not to forget about why AC/DC's sound had changed you must remember also that Vanda & Young produced EVERTHING up to Highway to Hell. Mutt came in through FTATR and since then it's been a hodgepodge of different producers. I think that has just as much to do with it as the passing of Bon....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:44 am

exact33 wrote:
All I know is I em enjoying the AC/DC stuff a lot. BiB is a great album!

This! headbanger
Back to top Go down
hlc1993
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:18 pm

I remember right after BACK IN BLACK came out there was talk that bon wrote the lyrics to the album. Bon died on feb. 19th...It took a month to find brian johnson...They write an amazing album and release it in 3 months time? I can see why there is talk of bon having a hand in the creation of BACK IN BLACK...The theme of the songs sounds like stuff bon would have wrote...One thing that is interesting,the inner sleeve to the album shows photos of the band in concert but the picture of brian shows him leaning against a wall...Why not have a photo of brian singing as well? I think the album was already being made,bon died and they replaced his in concert photo with brians photo. why they didnt take a picture of brian singing in concert to match the other photos i do not know...How hard could it have been to snap a photo of brian with a microphone in his hand acting like he was singing...I give props to brian,whether he wrote the lyrics or not he did one hell of a job on the album!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:03 am

It wouldn't surprise me since they were that close to finishing the album, just the recording of Bon's vocals remained, that at least some of the lyrics and/or vocal melodies were already worked out, even if they weren't the finished product. Brian just came in and worked with what they already had, adding his 2 cents when needed.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:36 pm

As long as it's AC/DC, it's all good Back In Black ? - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:21 pm

hlc1993 wrote:
I remember right after BACK IN BLACK came out there was talk that bon wrote the lyrics to the album. Bon died on feb. 19th...It took a month to find brian johnson...They write an amazing album and release it in 3 months time? I can see why there is talk of bon having a hand in the creation of BACK IN BLACK...The theme of the songs sounds like stuff bon would have wrote...One thing that is interesting,the inner sleeve to the album shows photos of the band in concert but the picture of brian shows him leaning against a wall...Why not have a photo of brian singing as well? I think the album was already being made,bon died and they replaced his in concert photo with brians photo. why they didnt take a picture of brian singing in concert to match the other photos i do not know...How hard could it have been to snap a photo of brian with a microphone in his hand acting like he was singing...I give props to brian,whether he wrote the lyrics or not he did one hell of a job on the album!!!!!!
I have always heard and felt this right here was about it.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:47 pm

My opinion is this, many of the songs were in pieces at the time of Bon's death, maybe there may actually be some lyrics on paper somewhere Bon left behind of songs for the new album. Brian comes in, pieces are put together and Brian writes lyrics for the completed songs which becomes Back In Black.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:53 pm

Gilbert wrote:
As long as it's AC/DC, it's all good Back In Black ? - Page 2 11840

Back In Black ? - Page 2 11840

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:17 pm

I think AC/DC albums have been much more spotty since Bon Scott's death. Fortunately, after all the hype, I think Black Ice is the best thing the band had produced since BIB.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think AC/DC albums have been much more spotty since Bon Scott's death. Fortunately, after all the hype, I think Black Ice is the best thing the band had produced since BIB.

IMO, FTATR...WSY, FOTS & Ballbreaker are the best Brian Johnson albums.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:36 am

I loved 'Stiff Upper Lip'.... I know I'm in the minority here... But I thought that was the best disc they'd released since BIB....

Probably because it was produced by Vanda and Young.....

Curious that many of us seem to agree that there really isn't a weak disc in the Bon era.... Some think that Brian's material is a bit spotty....

However we really haven't delved into the issue of who was producing them...

Vanda and Young.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back In Black ?   Back In Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back In Black ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2