Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wuthering Heights

Go down 
+6
Olafsto
7thSaviour
scottmitchell74
Metallic Blaze
tohostudios
nevermore
10 posters
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:02 pm

I've heard good stuff about this band. Where's the best place to start with these guys?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Most people who like the band agree that Far From The Madding Crowd is their best to date.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Try this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcAk0oyU8Pk

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Love what I've heard of this band. Need to finally get their stuff. I will eventually.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:50 am

Far From the Madding Crowd

But I think The Shadow Cabinet is fantastic as well.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:57 am

PASS! Wuthering Heights is 5/10 based on Far From The Madding Crowd. Wuthering Heights 288219 Wuthering Heights 810647
Back to top Go down

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:06 am

I agree with 7th. As much as I want to like this band they don't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm

From what I heard, these guys SLAY!!!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:53 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

They SLAY!!! Smile
Their new one SALT, is great as well.
You can`t go wrong with any of the albums they have done with N P Johansson on vocals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

They SLAY!!! Smile
Their new one SALT, is great as well.
You can`t go wrong with any of the albums they have done with N P Johansson on vocals.

Wuthering Heights 438278

That's what I figured.

Then you got the Olaf stamp of approval on top of all that ... and you just have no choice but to break down and buy it!!!

Wuthering Heights Lol

Just made sure to put this band at the top of my very long CD wish list.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:31 am

Was using the search function and came upon this thread.

I have no real idea as to why I originally bought their latest online seeing as I had never heard nor heard of this band before, but I did. I picked up Salt around the middle of June, and it has been a somewhat quick climb in my playlists. At first few listens, I was of the 'not bad' impression, but repeated plays have sucked me in.

Great playing. Fun arrangements. I will be checking out their previous two as soon as more expendable cash makes it way to my bank account. I have not heard nice things about their first two. Razz
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:33 am

I want to like them but I am really burnt out on their singer.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:53 am

My favorite is actually the new one 'Salt'. Not that the others are poor by any means. That and the new Labyrinth album are my favorite power metal this year by a long long way.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 7:33 am

Amazon now takes pre-orders for a re-release (?) of Madding Crowd, Shadow Cabinet & Salt. Should be out 9th January. The label is Laser's Edge.

Odd since it's unannounced, but I ordered the last two. They can't be bootlegs since Amazon ships them themselves, right? I already have Far From the Madding Crowd.

Their albums are not always the easiest/cheapest to acquire, especially not new, so I decided to go for it now.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 8:13 am

Can't go wrong with this Band. One of the best and most unique in the broad Power Metal genre.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 1:54 pm

Now they are sold out again on Amazon.

I do hope I get mine. They haven't shipped yet, so I'm a little worried.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wuthering Heights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wuthering Heights   Wuthering Heights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wuthering Heights
Page 1 of 1