Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.

Go down 
+3
Stender
Dave the Boss
Troublezone
7 posters
AuthorMessage

The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Empty
PostSubject: The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.   The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:57 pm

What do you think of the music? Pretty good covers.

The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. 61vbnw10

http://www.amazon.com/Nwobhm-For-Muthas/dp/B002H0G6NG/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk?ie=UTF8&qid=1269229976&sr=1-1
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.   The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:09 am

I mostly know him for the Seventh Angel stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.   The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:20 am

Rodney Matthews is one of my favorite cover artists ever. My favorite is the cover for Asia's Aqua. But yeah, Roxxcalibur are pretty cool. Don't know if this is something I'd buy though.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.   The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:35 am

I think this is just a tribute album to a bunch of classic NWOBHM bands. Killer art though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.   The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:44 am

Love his stuff. He did some great covers for Seventh Angel, Asia, Detritus, Stairway, among others.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.   The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

Dig his style. The Torment has always been one of my favorites. Just has a real dark despair about it that really matched Seventh Angel's music as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.   The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:10 pm

His covers automatically make me want the album. This might be a good starting place for those new to NWOBHM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.   The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Roxxcalibur are pretty cool. Don't know if this is something I'd buy though.

Great live act, they are on the festivals over here "Bang your Head" & "Keep it True" each year, I think all but the singer are currently in the "new" Savage Grace line up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.   The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:07 pm

The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Stormz10

Here's one he did for an Irish band a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.   The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:23 pm

that's sick
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.   The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Good art! A LOT of Roger Dean in it sometimes, though.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.   The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Love his stuff. He did some great covers for Seventh Angel, Asia, Detritus, Stairway, among others.

And Magnum, and Motherlode.....

PostSubject: Re: The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.   The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rodney Matthews artwork caught my eye.
Page 1 of 1