Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal DJ!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Metal DJ! Empty
PostSubject: Metal DJ!   Metal DJ! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:11 pm

I'm thinking of becoming a metal DJ for HRRL. Talking with a good friend of mine on HRRL about that possibility. She said she will help me with that not sure though I need a good time slot!

What ya all think?

Wargod51
Back to top Go down

Metal DJ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal DJ!   Metal DJ! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:15 pm

You have the music to do it. If your voice is good, then I say GO FOR IT!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Metal DJ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal DJ!   Metal DJ! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Aside from the musical knowledge, do you have any technical savvy? Is this a real-deal, go-to-a-radio-station job or something you'd do from your home?

If it's the real thing, you might need some background in the medium. It's a little more complicated than plugging in your ipod and hitting a play list. Not trying to discourage you, just askin'.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

Metal DJ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal DJ!   Metal DJ! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:23 pm

Surely it's not too difficult to stick on a few songs and talk about something you love?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Metal DJ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal DJ!   Metal DJ! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:36 pm

Actually you do it all from home! You do 1 show a week for 3 hrs.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Metal DJ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal DJ!   Metal DJ! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:57 pm

snooloui wrote:
Surely it's not too difficult to stick on a few songs and talk about something you love?

Sure it is.

Depending on the enviroment he's working in, there are factors to considder. Is he brining in cd's from his own collection to spin? Are they using a real cd player or do they play things from a computerized system where everything has to be in mp3 or some other format? And who's gonna convert them? Him or some engineer intern? Are they gonna take out or bleep any swear words to make 'em radio friendly?

What about turntables for vinyl releases? Do radio stations still use them? I dunno. And how about setting audio levels? You can't have everything in the red. Sound levels need to be consistant for broadcast.

As for talking about your music, do you have a voice for radio? Too high and squeaky? Low & gravelly? Do you have a marble mouth or are you loud and clear? Are you a person that says "like" and "um" allot? Do you have the facts and knowledge straight about the music you're playing? If a caller challenges you on info or asks a question, are you knowledgable enough to back up your claims without getting flustered?

It's a little more involved than saying "Uh, um, here's a new band I kinda like" and pushing play. I don't work in radio, and I certainly don't know all the answers, but I do have broadcast experience and these are just some of the things that you might need to consider before you become the next Eddie Trunk.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Metal DJ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal DJ!   Metal DJ! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Well they contacted me and said I need experience in which I do. But listening to HRRL I know I can do a much better job than some of them.

I know they have quite a few slots in Automation so they have no DJ's filling those slots as of yet! Could be of the times!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Metal DJ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal DJ!   Metal DJ! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:20 am

Good luck to ya if it works out. I hope my posts didn't discourage you, I'm just going by some experiences I've dealt with working in a similar field. I'm keeping it real, yo.

And I'm all for radio playing more metal!!

Metal DJ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal DJ!   Metal DJ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal DJ!
Page 1 of 1