Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FESS PARKER DIES

Go down 
+6
Metallic Blaze
Leatherface
akeldama
MetalGuy71
manny
T-Roy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:42 pm

One of my all-time heros! We own the Davy Crockett series on VHS and my kids watch it relentlessly as I did when I was little. Some of the cheesiest fight choreography you will EVER see and I wouldn't have it any other way!!! Laughing

FESS PARKER DIES Capt_610
Quote :
LOS ANGELES – Fess Parker, a television icon to a generation of youngsters as Davy Crockett and later Daniel Boone, has died at the age of 85 of natural causes.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:48 pm

This guy in the earlier 50's (or whenever the show ran) was much more than a superstar he and his character where a cultural phenomenia, it did not last long but it was huge while it lasted. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Had me a 'coon skin cap growing up. And the theme song on a vinyl 45. Farewell, pioneer.

Honestly, I thought he died years ago. FESS PARKER DIES Icon_redface

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:56 pm

So did I. I guess it's because he has been so invisible the last couple decades?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:15 pm

I remember him best from Old Yeller. RIP.
Back to top Go down

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:20 pm

Know who this makes really sad? My Mom. Creepy.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:03 pm

RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:37 pm

RIP. I had me a Crocket hat in elementary school. Meant the world to me.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Parker Lewis can't lose though dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:52 pm

The television station that I work for has a second digital channel. Its called RTV; Retro Television Network. Anyway, my job is to watch the channels all day to make sure that we stay on the air. One of RTV's shows is Daniel Boone. Needless to say over the last year and a half or so, I have become a huge fan of it.

I was sad to have heard this only an hour before the show was on today. RIP Fess Parker you seemed live a very upstanding kind of guy.
FESS PARKER DIES 163436
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 3:00 am

I used to watch his Crockett/Boone movies on The Wonderful World of Disney show.

FESS PARKER DIES 163436
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:07 am

"Davy, Daaaaaaa-vy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontieeeeeeeer..." used to watch the reruns of that show on "Wonderful World of Disney" when I was a kid. Good stuff. R.I.P. Fess! By the way, how cool is the name "Fess?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
By the way, how cool is the name "Fess?"
EXACTUALLY! IT'S WAY COOL DUDE! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FESS PARKER DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: FESS PARKER DIES   FESS PARKER DIES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FESS PARKER DIES
Page 1 of 1