Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...

Go down 
+12
Metallic Blaze
Shiney
tohostudios
FlyingV
SAHB Healer
rattpoison
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
bootheskin
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:06 am

detuned wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction - Tattooed Beat Messiah (1989)
The Four Horsemen - Nobody Said It Was Easy (1991)
Circus Of Power - Circus Of Power (1988)
Sisters Of Mercy - Vision Thing (1990)
Danzig - Danzig (1988)

All sleazy goth baiting motorpsycho's on a highway to hell!

Oh here's a thread i dug up that's similar...........

http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/livin-in-a-parallel-universe-t4816.htm?highlight=parallel+universe

Excellent list. That first Danzig, the Masters Of Reality record and Electric all had a certain "cocky assuredness" to them, Rubin was on a roll at that point.

That Zodiac Mindwarp album is killer, wish I still had the vinyl.

The roll continued with the Four Horsemen and Raging Slab aswell, amongst the over produced gunk of the late 80's and early 90's the guy just knew how to make a good Hard Rock record. Tastefully retro dynamic no bullsh*t hard rock........of course those bands helped.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:19 am

Good call on the Circus of Power RP.Good grimey biker rock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:18 am

I've always thought of H.I.M.'s Razorblade Romance as a blend of The Cult and The Cure...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Can`t help you with this one, but what a great idea for a thread If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_biggrin .
I`m looking forward to more...

Not much that I would add that hasn't already been said, but I do like this idea for a topic.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:32 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
H'bout NO FUEL FOR THE PILGRIMS by D.A.D.?

I love that album but how is that related to Electric by The Cult?

Plus, no one's yet been able to tell me what "ZCMI" stands for.

I dunno exactly why, but for some reason I have always gotten a slight Cult vibe from that D.A.D. record. Maybe it's the guitar sound, although that might be closer to LOVE era than ELECTRIC era. Or maybe I just smoke too much crack. Laughing

And no, I have never found out what "ZCMI" stands for either.

In response to the original post question, Scotty might also investigate Monster Magnet's POWERTRIP.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Valentine Saloon - Super Duper
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:42 pm

Screaming Trees - Sweet Oblivion
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:17 pm

nevermore wrote:
Valentine Saloon - Super Duper

great sleaze album!!!!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
H'bout NO FUEL FOR THE PILGRIMS by D.A.D.?

I love that album but how is that related to Electric by The Cult?

Plus, no one's yet been able to tell me what "ZCMI" stands for.

I dunno exactly why, but for some reason I have always gotten a slight Cult vibe from that D.A.D. record. Maybe it's the guitar sound, although that might be closer to LOVE era than ELECTRIC era. Or maybe I just smoke too much crack. Laughing

And no, I have never found out what "ZCMI" stands for either.

In response to the original post question, Scotty might also investigate Monster Magnet's POWERTRIP.

I can see a slight comparison with DAD and The Cult myself.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:09 am

Can't believe no one else is pushing the Danzig S/T angle. Basically if the Cult actually sold their soul to the "King Contrary Man", if you know what i mean. Basicallythatthat sameAC/DC meets Jim Morrison Electric dynamic but laced with Black Sabbath!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:53 am

Yeah, good call on Danzig. Like The Cult, but oooh sooo much heavier.

Like you say - a Black Sabbath vibe.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:08 am

The Danzig is indeed a good choice but my thing with that comparison is that John Christ often sounds restrained, whereas Billy Duffy rarely does..
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:11 am

You think John Christ sounds restrained?

Yeah ... I guess I could see that actually.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:48 am

Thanks for everyone's input!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:45 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Thanks for everyone's input!

you betchya biatch!!!

If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 438278
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2