Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
6 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 7:34 pm

I posted this at the "Realm" but I thought I'd see who's been burned or not here as well:

I'm getting sick of LaLa....about ready to hang
it up....I've received some good to great cds....but Impellitteri -
Answer to the Master, Skid Row - Subhuman Race, Savatage - Edge of
Thorns (at least) have come w/out the back tray art. I DON'T understand
what's so difficult about putting those in?!?!!?

Just venting...but had to get that out....any other sufferers??
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:34 pm

Things have been real slow for me there and I am way ahead of the game.
However, this month I added some common stuff and have received four
thus far. Three had all the art, one didn't. The shipper informed me
that he didn't have the insert because he received this CD from LaLa
himself. No biggie, I actually had the back art for that CD, so it
worked out ok for me.

I'm not dropping out of LaLa, just slowing down.

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:39 pm

Yeah - a Few. Most notably, I got the Lillian Axe - s/t without the tray liner. I was able to download it and print off a very nice looking copy, and for $1.75, I can't really complain (usually goes for aorund $40-50).

Here is a good resource if looking to finds covers to print:
http://mega-search.net/
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:53 pm

I quit trading there I was tired of not getting the inserts!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 9:32 pm

I haven't traded on Lala since earlier this year (Jan. or Feb.), I put myself on "vacation mode" cuz my pile of trade stock had dwindled away to nearly nothin' and I haven't had much time to re-stock it... but from what I've been reading about Lala here and on other boards (not to mention in the forums on Lala itself, on the rare occasions I do check in), it doesn't sound like I'm missing much!!!
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 10:21 pm

I love La La! The back tray art thing sucks, but I can't complain for $1.75. One thing that would make La La great would be if there was a way you could rank what you wanted on your Want List and receive in that order, instead of just random.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 10:30 pm

I'm still rolling along with 620+ trades since September of last year. It slows down sometimes, but then picks up again. I really don't care. It's just another source for cheap music. As long as you can trade there, I'm not quitting. Getting CDs without the back inserts most definitely sucks, but it's rare for me to not receive the back inserts.

I'm not sure if it's because I send a message along to the sender first or not, but I'd say I get the back insert about 97% of the time. With over 300 receives, I've probably gotten only about 20–25 CDs without the back insert (what percentage is that? I suck at math!), and generally I've just put them right back on my Want List and gotten the back insert the second time.

Still a great site, if you ask me; it's just not the best way for us rock/metal fans to get everything we want. It is, however, a good way to do so, and I'm not quitting.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 11:15 pm

I like to use LaLa to check out new bands. Someone told me about BRAND
NEW SIN and I put their CDs on my site and withing a few days I owned
to of their CDs, and I ended up digging them.

ult

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 11:46 pm

Brand New Sin is good stuff!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 11:47 pm

Yes, they are. 🤘

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 12:18 am

ultmetal wrote:
Yes, they are. 🤘
Did Shiney send you their EP? I sent it to him; he didn't like it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 7:56 am

Quote :
I was able to download it and print off a very nice looking copy,

:shock: How does this happen? I could make use of that...and it would ease the pain of not getting the art.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 8:04 am

I use FreeCovers.net

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 8:07 am

linkin park album minutes to midnight had been top in LaLa.com but i dont like the songs in that album.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 8:27 am

ultmetal wrote:
I use FreeCovers.net

me too.whenever I dont receive the tray art,which is not very often I just go there and print it out.works nicely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: