Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ones That Got Away

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
AchrisK
Schbopo
jstate
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Ones That Got Away Empty
PostSubject: Ones That Got Away   Ones That Got Away Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:27 pm

The Regrets thread had me thinking of times when I should have bought something when I had the chance or times I just lost out on something. The big one for me is finding a used Voivod Nothingface at mall record shop for 7$. Problem was it was just after Christmas and we were taking my parents to the airport so there was no time to wait in the long line. I figured no problem - I'll stash it in the Oldies section. For some reason it took me a few days to get back to get it. Too late, it had been found and was long gone. I tore the place apart looking for it until finally getting the clerk to confirm it had been sold. Still hurts.

What great finds slipped your grasp?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Ones That Got Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ones That Got Away   Ones That Got Away Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Dead And Bloated-You Don't

That's an album I've been after for years. One of my friends used to own it, and he offered to sell it to me for $10. I declined, thinking that I could find it cheaper. I searched in every store and every time I got on Amazon or eBay and have never found a copy in stores and all the ones online are ridiculously expensive.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Ones That Got Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ones That Got Away   Ones That Got Away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 am

^I might be able to help you out with that one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ones That Got Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ones That Got Away   Ones That Got Away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:37 am

Wow, too many to list.

In the days before the internet, I would see tons of discs in the used shops that I had no idea who they were or what they sounded like. Or worse yet, judging by a band name only and thinking, "Well, with a name like that, they must be death metal or something horrible". So I'd pass.

Years later, I'd read a review on Ult's or Kmorg's site or recognize a cover and think, "Dang, I shoulda grabbed that one".

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Ones That Got Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ones That Got Away   Ones That Got Away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:50 am

too many to lists but there used to be a store called Ace's Record, which was a call all heavy metal store.

They used to have tons of vinyl and CD bootlegs, Metallica, Black Sabbath, etc, even had The Doors bootlegs, it was a paradise for music geek like me, but I passed on alot of these due to being overpriced but I have regretted it from time to time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ones That Got Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ones That Got Away   Ones That Got Away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:04 pm

A coupla that come to mind the more I think of it:

Laaz Rockit - Annihilation Principal and Nothing's Sacred. Could have had them both at the same time I purchased Know Your Enemy.

Kubla Khan - Annihilation

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Ones That Got Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ones That Got Away   Ones That Got Away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Vengeance Rising - Released Upon The Earth.
Many years ago I found this is a record shop in Oslo. I didn't even knoe it existed, as the Christian bookstore in my town did not carry it. And here I was finding it in a regular Virgin store or somethin'! Only problem was, I had NO MONEY!!! I freaked out, and almost burst into tears leaving the store Very Happy

I think I had to wait close to 10 years to finally get to buy and heard this album, when I went online in 2001.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Ones That Got Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ones That Got Away   Ones That Got Away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:59 pm

One I have been outbid on several time is Digger - Stronger than Ever .

jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

Ones That Got Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ones That Got Away   Ones That Got Away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Ultimatums "Til the End" and Deliverance's first!..i have said many times in other forums..christian thrash metalists like these bands werent that known in my day! i became a fan of some way too late to get these goodies! Ones That Got Away Icon_cry even puttin Ult and Michael Phillips on guilt trips hasnt helped my cause either!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
Sponsored content

Ones That Got Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ones That Got Away   Ones That Got Away Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ones That Got Away
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: