Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dont join my facebook!

Go down 
+9
Metallic Blaze
jstate
Spyder Jonez
James B.
GrandNational
tohostudios
manny
Metal Misfit
Stender
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Dont join my facebook! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:35 am

I've never had a problem, but I stay away from those apps and games. I have a friend on there whose account keeps getting hacked and it results in mass messages saying I'm tagged in a video.

I'm always amazed at what people post on there. Sadly I think there are a lot of people I know who need attention. Facebook also tends to be a constant reminder of all the bad relationship choices I made back in the day. The old girlfriends tend to be the worst offenders.

But I do love the music postings and that is what keeps me on there. Friend up Manny just for his posts (Texas and Trouble yesterday- how can you not love that).

And if anybody wants, here I am....
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1442464950
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:41 am

I've been on Facebook for about a year and a half now, never had any problems. Of course I am smart enough to not post anything personal or inflammatory. I heard a while back that my company sh*t canned some people who b*tched about work stuff on their Facebook pages, which is a good reason why I don't have any co-workers as FB 'friends' ... haha. Not that I'd be dumb enough to rant about my job on FB anyway. As anyone who knows me on FB will tell you, my "status updates" are usually dumb jokes, movie quotes, or random song lyrics. I use it for goofy sh*t. I'm not into sharing my bid'ness with the entire world.

I'm also careful about who I allow as a "friend" (so if anyone from here wants to send me a friend request, make sure you add a little note telling me who you are, i.e. "Hey, it's so-and-so from Heart of Metal" -- cuz if I get a friend request from a name I don't recognize, I ignore it. I'm a douche that way. Haha.)

Quote :
The old girlfriends tend to be the worst offenders.

I had one old girlfriend "friend request" me on Facebook a while back -- and I must say, it was very satisfying to hit the "IGNORE" button on her. Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Facebook won't respond to my emails about trying to open up my account again.

Dont join my facebook! - Page 2 308838
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Quote :
I heard a while back that my company sh*t canned some people who b*tched about work stuff on their Facebook pages, which is a good reason why I don't have any co-workers as FB 'friends' ... haha.

I know for a fact that our IT department will do an occasional search of our building name to see what pops up and employees have been caught saying some not-so-nice things on Facebook, Myspace, personal blogs, etc.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I know for a fact that our IT department will do an occasional search of our building name to see what pops up and employees have been caught saying some not-so-nice things on Facebook, Myspace, personal blogs, etc.

Yep, I believe it. The Man is watchin'!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Yeah, I'm careful with it too.

I only post stuff that I'm okay with the whole world knowing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dont join my facebook!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2