Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES Empty
PostSubject: KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES   KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:40 pm

Here's a little game I am going to play on here. I am sure some of you listen to KMFDM and if you're from Chicago, Illinois, like I am. You're going to hear the joke names for the band. I am going to bleep mine out because it does drop the F-bomb in there. And a little warning -- these joke names might not be work safe so use the ** between the swearing if you're wanting to swear with this.

this one is ours for the band. The Rivetheads HATE this one. This is why KMFDM changed their name to MDFMK in the late 1990s. I caught them as Slick Idiot at Gothicfest 2005. This is the gig that Gwen took the picture of me holding my publications in the air -- SPIN MAGAZINE got in the fray for this one. They didn't use my pictures sadly.

KMFDM -- Kill Mother F**king Depche Mode

Okay -- who's got a good joke name for KMFDM (sorry guys, you're a favorite in the metal scene and we're doing this because we love you.)
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES   KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:36 am

I love KMFDM. One of my favorite bands.

When I first discovered them back in 1992, I was just a kid in high school -- and I actually thought their name stood for what you posted. Kill Mother Fing Depeche Mode. I hated that - because I was (and am) also a Depeche Mode fan.

I was glad when I found out it wasn't true and their name instead was shortened from a long German word.

No joke names here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES   KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:53 am

Oh you're no fun. You suck KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES Lol Everyone in Chicago has a joke name for KMFDM -- I found one guy on here had an even dirtier one than mine. The joke names got progressively dirtier with them -- I wish I could say them here but I don't want to get banned.

The industrial metal fans don't call them that joke name -- the metal scene in Chicago actually uses their joke name because it's a lot funnier to say when another is listening to Gothic Synthpop. It's kind of our way of verbally giving the finger (Scott you need a middle finger icon on here. KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES 201269 )

They found this very offensive, but the look on their face when we say it is hilarious. They expect it more from the ones wearing the thrash metal shirts because they remixed one of Megadeth's songs along with Nine Inch Nails (this was how I got into NIN.)

The joke name is how they got very well known in Chicago among the heavy metal community. I have XTORT by them, and been trying to track down one of their shirts.

That joke name is right there with one another guy said on here -- which I am not going to repeat because it's X-rated. When he said it I was laughing and saying "Holy Sh*t! Oh My God -- I never heard that one."

It's right there with singing A.I.D.S. by M.O.D. in certain parts of Chicago loud. It's funniest where you sing it around dudes that listen to Madonna because they get the most p*ssed off about it -- it's got that "f**k you" quality to it. My buddy said the song is more offensive now than when it first came out -- and in certain parts of Chicago you also chant "Dance Around Like Devo."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES   KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 am

NickolausPacione wrote:
I found one guy on here had an even dirtier one than mine.

That would be me. And it would be "Kylie Minogue Fans Don't Masturbate."

...not so dirty. I don't even have to use asterisks in any of the words. KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES Icon_lol

I wish I could take credit for coming up with that one but I read it in a magazine years ago. Their record label ran a contest where people could send in their best guess as to what the initials "KMFDM" stood for... and that was one of the best replies they got. KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES 201269 "Kill Mother F**king Depeche Mode" was one of the others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES   KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:51 am

I guess Chicago Wins with the dirtiest joke name for KFMDM. I think you're talking about WAX TRAX there man. They're based here too and KFMDM had the coolest industial metal shirts done. I want to find an EXTORT shirt. I wish I can say the lyrics for DOGMA in here.

We used to hate people.

Now we just make fun of them, it's more effective that way.

Those were the clearer parts that Nicole Blackman wrote.

Then there's these

"this is your life, this is your f**king life."

"Sky high and f**ked"

In Chicago, Motherf*cking is one word.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES   KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:33 pm

NickolausPacione wrote:
I think you're talking about WAX TRAX there man.

If you say so. That sounds about right. Industrial was never really my "scene." One of my college buddies was a big KMFDM fan though, I used to bug him by bringing up the "Kylie Minogue" thing frequently whenever he put them on the stereo. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES   KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Industrial Metal is something that I got into when I was 19 years old but my home scene is thrash/speed metal. I can actually do the Industrialized Thrash Metal vocal and play guitar more like VOIVOD if they worked with SLAYER. My friends while in college had a lot of the WAX TRAX stuff, what industrial band I got into the most was Circle of Dust because they merged a Megadeth type thrash guitar playing style.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES   KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:05 pm

The only CD I own that's even remotely "industrial" is Shotgun Messiah's VIOLENT NEW BREED album... which sounds kinda like the ugly love child of Skid Row and Ministry...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES   KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:17 am

I love industrial music. Not just industrial metal - but even just flat out industrial rock and synth stuff.

I'm a pretty big WAXTRAX guy though.

But my mainstay is power metal. As most here know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES   KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KMFDM -- THE JOKE NAMES
Page 1 of 1