Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS

Go down 
+2
James B.
Fat Freddy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Empty
PostSubject: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:13 pm

Ever heard of this Australian band? Me neither. But I just got a promo of this brother/sister rock act's six-song "BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS" EP to review for Detritus... giving it a first spin and it sounds pretty rockin' to me... no-frills, hard-ass pub rock with a big ole AC/DC influence... kinda like Airbourne if they had a chick singer. Check'em out and feel free to comment....

BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Photo_large02

(Note the Stryper patch on the shoulder of the guy's jacket.)

http://www.buggirl.net/

http://www.myspace.com/thebuggers

Video for "Blood, Sweat & Beers"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:25 pm

I really dig that! Chick singer, rock n roll and a great subject for lyrics....sign me up! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:01 am

Their site quotes a review which describes them as "AC/DC with the vocals of Tina Turner while being penetrated from behind" -- once I read that, I was sold before I even heard a note Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 am

She sounds a whole-hella-lotta-like Lisa Faxon. Thanks bro!

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:27 pm

Quite the description. Pretty good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 am

Yeah I've been following them for a couple years now!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:00 pm

I like that a lot!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Correction to my original post: the BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS EP is five tracks, not six.
Now I feel better. Laughing

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Quote :
Their site quotes a review which describes them as "AC/DC with the vocals of Tina Turner

She does sort of sound like a metal Tina Turner.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:21 pm

BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS 61JZSlfViwL._SL500_AA300_

BugGIRL's full length album DIRT IN THE SKIRT will be getting a U.S. release this coming June...

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:29 pm

Sound good to me!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:31 pm

I really like the female-fronted AC/DC sound.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 11:02 am

New vid for the title track to Buggirl's upcoming full length, "DIRT IN THE SKIRT" - due this June BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS 11840

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 11:50 am

That was a good video for the obvious reasons BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Affraid

Thanks Brutha

PostSubject: Re: BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS   BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BugGirl - BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEERS
Page 1 of 1