Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"

Go down 
+8
T-Roy
MetalH
ultmetal
Dave the Boss
Cliffy
Ben Grimm
Metallic Blaze
Jesusandmetal23
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

"...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Empty
PostSubject: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:57 am

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:06 am

Great song from a great album. I miss this band.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:06 am

That is actually called "Prodical Son", they later changed the lyrics and of course the name of the song
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:27 am

Roger acts like he can't remember the words to whatever it's called...

I used to own that video, and loved watching it, but always wondered why that particular song was included because nothing happening made any sense...
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:24 pm

you got it!

Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:13 pm

It's a good album, and the blues rock solos are a nice twist, but it doesn't hold a candle to Pleasure to Kill and Darkness Descends.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:16 pm

I asked the guys in Once Dead about this song a couple years ago, on UnDark forum and if I remember correctly they said the lyrics were a loose interpretation of the story of the Prodical Son, and there was not a lot of rehersal for the song, that Roger produced most of the lyrics on the spot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:08 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
I asked the guys in Once Dead about this song a couple years ago, on UnDark forum and if I remember correctly they said the lyrics were a loose interpretation of the story of the Prodical Son, and there was not a lot of rehersal for the song, that Roger produced most of the lyrics on the spot.

They use to do that a lot. I sang three different songs on stage with Once Dead that I didn't really know the lyrics too. On one of them I did make up all the lyrics on the spot.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:31 pm

For some odd reason..... This has always been my favorite VR song. l
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Cliffy wrote:
you got it!
headbanger

Always loved this song! Great solo work.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Brilliant slow sludgingly heavy metal.... Like a Metallica 'For Whom The Bell..' or 'the Thing That Should not be'
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:09 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
Brilliant slow sludgingly heavy metal.... Like a Metallica 'For Whom The Bell..' or 'the Thing That Should not be'

Only Better "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:20 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Only Better "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_wink

+1
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:42 pm

The music is great, but the lyrics are dumb. I've always thought that about this song though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"   "...you're chuckin' mulligan stew" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"...you're chuckin' mulligan stew"
Page 1 of 1