Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tibia / Serbian Metal

Go down 
+2
kmorg
shield
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shield
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 6

Tibia / Serbian Metal Empty
PostSubject: Tibia / Serbian Metal   Tibia / Serbian Metal Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:48 pm

hi everybody !

Tibia / Serbian Metal Tibialogo is a band from the belgrade city, serbia, europe. existing from the '99 and formed from the members of couple local hardcore and metal bands from the 90's. we have just finished our latest album called - collision within (our 3rd album) and released it for a free download via our myspace web page. tibia has built it's unique style, melodic, melancholic and aggressive. in the sea of bands that's the thing that keeps it special and tibia is proud of it. you may call this style anyway you like, you may like it or not, but one thing is sure - the band is no one's copy/paste. please be free to download the whole album and enjoy it.

tibia - collision within. 2010.
Tibia / Serbian Metal Tibiatrecicoveri
free download
http://www.myspace.com/tibiametal

Tibia / Serbian Metal Zacmar1

she - video for the song from our second album.
[quote="shield"][

Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Tibia / Serbian Metal   Tibia / Serbian Metal Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:56 pm

oh, then cheerz to the bone bandsTibia / Serbian Metal Lol sometimes is kinda nice that totally diferent bands play together, the crowd is mixed up and it is more fun. no matter which style you prefere 5 similar bands for one night can be a bit hard to listen.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Tibia / Serbian Metal   Tibia / Serbian Metal Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:37 pm

I'll be sure to check out some of those bands.

The thing about Eastern European/former communist states is they have these angry metal bands that sing about things that ACTUALLY happened to them. Tough life, living under iron fist, communist regimes, etc. That's some heavy stuff. But if you want to find a downside, those countries completely missed out on the glam/80's metal scene and therefore that kind of element is completely missing out from the music.

That's what I found out in Romania at least. There's a serious underground metal movement, but no-one, NO-ONE, in the whole country likes that kind of metal. The metal I appreciate and grew up listening to has flamboyance and pomp, guitar heroes with big solos, nice hair and plenty of FUN. In Eastern Europe metal started with Metallica, Guns'n'Roses and the alternative scene. Which is perfectly understandable, but somewhat makes the total scene less diverse. And that's why Germany + Scandinavia has such a rich hard rock/metal scene. But seriously... how evil and hardcore are those Gothenburg death metal bands in the end? Living in Sweden, please....

Or Norwegian black metal... or Finnish pagan folk metal.... that's folklore stuff mostly. None of that smurf poo ever affected their lives that personally and cannot compare to what Tito or Ceacescu did to their people just a generation ago.
Back to top Go down
shield
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Tibia / Serbian Metal   Tibia / Serbian Metal Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:00 pm

you are right that ex-communist countries experienced true dictatorship and bloodshed. serbia amongst all. during the tito's era life standard was higher than now (because yugoslavia was living on the debts), of course on the long term that was unsustainable. but all political oponents were eaten by the dark or jailed, there was only one party and you had to be a part of it if you wanted to succeed. after the tito serbian new dictator was milosevic and yugoslavia collapsed with the terrible wars from '91 to '99 in slovenia, then croatia, bosnia and kosovo. serbia was living in the dark, under sanctions, ruled by criminals and bombed by nato pact. european country. bombed ! who would ever expect that ? so of course bands had things to sing about.

now we have ''democracy'' and we are still far away from happy society, there are whole lotta problems from unemployment and low life standard to transitioning to rude capitalism, corruption, criminals and drugs. ''democracy'' is just covered dictatorship by lying politicians caring only about their ass. my point is that there is again things to sing about although we have no formal dictators ruling.

but bands around the world don't sing only about social/political issues, they sing about different things that make them unhappy or pissed. i wouldn't generalise things like - if you are from a poor ex-communist country then you must be true, and those from rich high standard countries got to be fake and doin' it just to pose. i get your point but i'm just saying - let the scandinavians and others do their thing, i don't consider them all less worthy and less honest cause they have no money problems.

to be honest i don't know much of glam/80's scene. older serbian metal bands were into speed, heavy and hard rock style and those which i posted are mainly modern orientated functioning for the last about 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Tibia / Serbian Metal   Tibia / Serbian Metal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Great Job. Stay Metal Tibia / Serbian Metal 11840
Back to top Go down
shield
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Tibia / Serbian Metal   Tibia / Serbian Metal Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:27 pm

all album songs are now also available on the youtube !