Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STONE FURY?

Go down 
+6
MetalGuy71
Neuropete
Metallic Blaze
James B.
manny
Fat Freddy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Drippin' some serious melodic cheez up in here...

I just mentioned this band in the TNT thread and was moved to look'em up on YouTube... of course, the song I remember is there. Everything is on YouTube. Apologies for the crappy video quality but hey, ya take what you can get.

Anyway, anyone remember this band? Lenny Wolf sang for'em before forming Kingdom Come. I believe they released two albums before breaking up. I had the album with this song on it (the only song I remember from it, BTW) on cassette years ago but it's long lost.

The drummer in this video is the late Randy Castillo, who also played with Ozzy and Motley Crue, to name just a few.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:26 pm

I can't see the video at work, but what I do remember is that Stone Fury was not a bad band and of course Lenny Wolf, I would n't mind tracking the album.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Lenny is one of singers that are very talented but UNKNOWN, usually folks think of Lavern and Shirley when you you say Lenny. Even if you drop Kingdom Come, you get a slight nod but rarely have most folks know the singers name.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Dam, this is some good stuff!

I love melodic AOR like this!!!

Never heard of them before. Did they just release one album?
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:30 pm

James B. wrote:
Lenny is one of singers that are very talented but UNKNOWN, usually folks think of Lavern and Shirley when you you say Lenny. Even if you drop Kingdom Come, you get a slight nod but rarely have most folks know the singers name.

I remember Lenny, mainly from the Kingdom Come video "Get it On". I remember the crowd I hung out with during high school panned these guys as crappy Led Zeppelin ripoffs. As a result, to be honest I never gave them a very fair chance.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Neuropete wrote:
James B. wrote:

I remember Lenny, mainly from the Kingdom Come video "Get it On". I remember the crowd I hung out with during high school panned these guys as crappy Led Zeppelin ripoffs. As a result, to be honest I never gave them a very fair chance.

Me too. Funny looking back now that Kindom Come took the majority of the heat for their Zeppelin worship when so many bands of that era were gulity of the same thing.

Never heard of Stone Fury. Decent, but the band name sounds way heavier than what that song delivers. I don't hear no "fury"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Never heard of them before. Did they just release one album?

I think they may have released two albums before their split, but don't quote me on that.

EDIT: according to the good folks at Heavy Harmonies, they did indeed release two studio albums (plus one "best-of" comp): BURNS LIKE A STAR ('84) and LET THEM TALK ('86). The song I posted above is from the first album.

Good luck finding these. They've been OOP forever it would seem.

By the way, MB... somehow I just knew you'd love this band/song. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Me too. Funny looking back now that Kindom Come took the majority of the heat for their Zeppelin worship when so many bands of that era were gulity of the same thing.

When the first Kingdom Come album came out, I remember there were rumors of it being a new Led Zeppelin album under a fake name!

I saw Kingdom Come when they opened the Van Halen's Monsters of Rock Tour back in the day. They were hammered pretty mercilessly from what I remember. Whether it was backlash against their Zep clonage, or merely that the crowd wanted them outta the way to get Metallica up there (who were up next) I can't really say.

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Never heard of Stone Fury. Decent, but the band name sounds way heavier than what that song delivers. I don't hear no "fury"

Well, y'know, the labels always released the wimpiest song as the single. Haha. Here's another slightly harder-rocking track. Kinda reminds me of the lighter side of the Scorpions, or Van Hagar (even tho there was no Van Hagar yet at the time this was released)

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:09 pm

Never heard this before...cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:12 pm

I saw Kingdom Come live on that same tour, from what I remember Kingdom Come went down pretty well over here but at the time the song 'Get It On' and another track where getting lots of airplay on our local rock station.

I did finally about two years ago buy Kingdom Come's self titled album and enjoyed the hell of it, even if a few songs sounded like they may have studied the Page/Plant songwriting book too closely.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:12 pm

S wrote:

Wow, I've heard of a band that the resident Mr. Melodic Rock Guy of the H.O.M. hasn't?? Score!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:03 am

Wow. I remember seeing the video for "Break Down the Wall" a couple of times on MTV years ago. Kind of like the song, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
S wrote:

Wow, I've heard of a band that the resident Mr. Melodic Rock Guy of the H.O.M. hasn't?? Score!! Laughing

Oh, I heard OF them...never heard them...and never knew Lenny Wolf was the singer...
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:58 pm

I have Burns Like A Star on vinyl and it's got some good hooks. I didn't know about the Kingdom Come connection, though.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 7:41 am

So years later i finally picked up Stone Fury's Burns Like a Star on cd. Excellent stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 12:03 pm

Gilbert, you're one of the last true collectors on this board.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 5:29 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Gilbert, you're one of the last true collectors on this board.

And i am suffering my friend. Day after day, it's becoming harder and harder to go on...
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2019 11:05 am

We're all getting older, energy isn't what it used to be. Do what you enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

STONE FURY? Empty
PostSubject: Re: STONE FURY?   STONE FURY? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STONE FURY?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: