Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TNT

Go down 
+12
ultmetal
Dave the Boss
nevermore
Olafsto
manny
kmorg
James B.
ZetaReticuli
Ben Grimm
MetalH
Metallic Blaze
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

TNT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I used to see a video all the time by this band on a TV rock/metal video show ... the name of the song escapes me now but I think it was from the KNIGHTS OF THE NEW THUNDER album. It was OK I guess.

Only album I ever owned was a copy of TRANSISTOR I won from a contest in a 'zine years back. That one did nothin' for me so I traded it off.

I really like "Transistor", but it took some time to get into. It grew on me. It actually has some 'alternative elements' in it.

But IMHO, they pulled it off pretty well, unlike many other bands of their ilk.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

TNT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Over the weekend, I found a copy of TNT's Intuition (as well as a few other cd's)at the local Goodwill shop. Based on some comments in this thread (and it was only $1.97), I picked it up.

Perhaps because I had nothing really to base my opinion on or maybe I missed the nostalgia factor, but I found Intuition to sound horribly dated. The singer has some great pipes, but the lyrics sounded very cliched & cheesy. And the overly-slick 80's production and synthesisers just ruined any good guitar work that might have stood out upon further listens. Not to my liking at all. I was kinda disappointed too. I thought I'd really found a gem in my dumpster diving.

Thankfully the super-sexy SpectreFate was willing to trade a few magic beans for it.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 'Cause Shawn of Fire pointed out my ignorance)
Back to top Go down

TNT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Intuition...not Institution...

TNT - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

TNT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:33 pm

S wrote:
Intuition...not Institution...

TNT - Page 2 Lol

Ahhhh, you know what I meant. TNT - Page 2 Icon_razz

EDIT: there, I fixed it. Better?

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

TNT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Wow, I love "Intuition", but I can understand why you wouldn't -- as it's pretty polished and melodic.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TNT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:32 pm

My favorite TNT is Tell No Tales. That album opens with a trio of killer melodic metal tunes.

Hmmm...I wonder if I still like them. I need to listen to that one again and see if I still like the band.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

TNT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
My favorite TNT is Tell No Tales. That album opens with a trio of killer melodic metal tunes.

Hmmm...I wonder if I still like them. I need to listen to that one again and see if I still like the band.

"Tell No Tales" is a great album! I think I like "Intuition" just a little bit more -- but they are both essential 80s metal albums IMO!
Back to top Go down
HMH87
Metal novice
Metal novice
HMH87

Number of posts : 4

TNT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Really love "Knights of the New Thunder" TNT - Page 2 11840 & bought everything through "Realized Fantasies". Good commercial albums with metal-edged excellence scattered throughout.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TNT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TNT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: