Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Faroe Islands

Go down 
+3
Orion Crystal Ice
metalheaded
scottmitchell74
7 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

The Faroe Islands Empty
PostSubject: The Faroe Islands   The Faroe Islands Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:27 pm

The Tyr thread I started was sort of two-parter. I'm wondering, has anyone ever been to the Faroe Islands?

I'm very intrigued by the place. I love the little nooks and crannies of the World. My wife is from one of the small island nations of the world so they fascinate me.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

The Faroe Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faroe Islands   The Faroe Islands Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:30 am

Interesting looking place. I have an interest in those kinds of places, too...I'd love to make a pilgrimmage some day to several of those 'nook and cranny'-type places.

I've often wondered if there is any place left where nobody lives, but is inhabitable, with food and water and livable conditions. That would be cool. Like a real-life deserted island from the movies.

To answer your question, no, I've not been to the Faroe Islands.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

The Faroe Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faroe Islands   The Faroe Islands Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:55 am

pretty awesome thread

more post when awake
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

The Faroe Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faroe Islands   The Faroe Islands Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:13 am

I've not been there, but I work with 2 men from that place, and used to work with a third one. It's not so different from living in any small, pitoresque (sp?) Norwegian coastal town.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

The Faroe Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faroe Islands   The Faroe Islands Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:41 am

Never been there, but i have been to the Shetland Islands, which is very similar. Loved the place and the people there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

The Faroe Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faroe Islands   The Faroe Islands Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:04 pm

I checked on American Airlines and (that's the only airline within 2.5 hour drive) and they have no flights there. I'd have to go to Scotland and then connect. Maybe someday....
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

The Faroe Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faroe Islands   The Faroe Islands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:58 am

so yeah, islands. I like them. I live in Florida by the coast and when you go over the different bridges, there are always all these mini island things beneath, sitting in the river, that I often wish to travel to by boat and fortify as my own.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

The Faroe Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faroe Islands   The Faroe Islands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:50 am

Never been to the Faroe Islands, but I go to Iceland almost every year. I am half Icelandic - Beautiful place. Iceland might be better Scott, it's the same landscape, and it's probably easier to get there.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

The Faroe Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faroe Islands   The Faroe Islands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:09 am

That's a very good point, Mglaffas81. Someday!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The Faroe Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faroe Islands   The Faroe Islands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:15 am

Little remote islands are always great! Get there if you can.
Back to top Go down

The Faroe Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faroe Islands   The Faroe Islands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:45 am

My goal is to someday tour through Europe. Would be cool to visit some of these lesser known places.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Faroe Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faroe Islands   The Faroe Islands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Faroe Islands
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: