Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound Empty
PostSubject: SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound   SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:27 pm

So I just got a surround sound system for my birthday. This opens up all sorts of possibilities to enjoy some of Deluxe Edition cd's I've bought over the years. I've alway loved buying deluxe editions, but I've never been able to use the 5.1 Dolby mixes. A few that I have are Opeth, Porcupine Tree, NIN, and Dream Theater. I also have Dark Side of the Moon on SACD. What other 5.1 mix, DVD Audio, or SACD releases are out there that you know of? I would like to get my hands on a few more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound   SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:52 pm

I love my 5.1 surround sound system. I use it all the time.

You can actually play a normal album on it - and it distrubutes the sound into 5.1.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound   SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:49 am

I highly recommend you check out this deluxe edition of sabbaths paranoid!

The quadrophonic DVD is flipping amazing on the surround!

You won't be disappointed...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paranoid-Black-Sabbath/dp/B001D2AYCI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1266212749&sr=8-3
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound   SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:53 am

All the new King Crimson reissues with the Steven Wilson mix and all the fancy stuff. Heard they are astounding. I'm ok with my Discipline Mobile remasters, but if I had a system, I would pick all the new ones up too.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound   SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:31 am

I listened to Porcupine Tree's Lightbulb Sun on the Surround yesterday and it was incredible. I will have to check out the Sabbath and King Crimson too! Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound   SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Megadeth's Peace Sells...but who's buying is on DVD audio, it smokes

Kreator's Enemy of God Revisited has the album in 5.1 plus a concert. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound   SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SACD, DVD audio, and 5.1 Surround Sound
Page 1 of 1