Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist Empty
PostSubject: Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist   Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:34 am

Been listening to these albums recently and gotta say they rule and I am glad they chose one of the best trends in metal that was around back then like they were under so much pressure because metal was considered "uncool" by the mainstream and I congradulate them that they didn't switch to full throttle alternative and thank heavens not nu metal.
I found it abit harsh that ultmetal said in theSadistic Symphony review that they got alternative bugs out of them sure there is abit of alternative in these albums but labeling them alternative would be the equivalent of labeling Pantera alternative even though the 90s alternative audience dug Pantera

Ok these albums obviously don't hold a candle to the Carl Albert albums except for Soldiers Of the Night which I find a very beige album and they still had a long way to go on that album.

With SB and Cyberchrist the positive highlights of the album are they have got some cool riffs that get you headbanging and the singer sounds like a mix of Matt Burlow and Phil Anselmo. The standout trax that are the best would be Concentration, Buried Alive, Gig Evictions, the beautiful instrumental Barcelona, Make it Real and particularly Free to Go which is my favourite song off those 2 albums.

The negative aspects of those albums are that the groove metal riff patterns that are written for those albums don't match the Metal Church guitar sound they are known for example Out of My Misery would sound a lot better if lets say Kyuss was covering it because of the raw dirty grungy sound they are known for.
In a way the groove metal direction VR adapted back then wasn't the best sound for them but it's still good and they are better off adopting their Power/Classic Metal sound they are known for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist   Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:35 am

The only non-Carl Albert VR I liked was Warball w/ James Rivera...the others aren't bad...just nothing to write home about, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist   Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:57 am

I like both but they are different than the rest of their catalog. Just a little more "modern" sounding ,I guess, with the Pantera-like vocals.It's a style I don't mind too much but I prefer the other albums much more (the same with Omen's Reopening the Gates compared to the rest of their catalog)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist   Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:41 am

Steve Smyth's guitar playing on Something Burning is pretty awesome, though...
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist   Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:44 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
The only non-Carl Albert VR I liked was Warball w/ James Rivera...the others aren't bad...just nothing to write home about, IMO.

Ye I thought that as well the first few listens on these albums but I reckon it grows on you after repeated listens
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist   Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:51 pm

My two least favorite by VR but they're not bad, just not what I want from them.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist   Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm not familiar with this band. I need to check them out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist   Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:18 pm

Start at the beginning and work forward. The first three are gold.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist   Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:21 am

Gilbert wrote:
I'm not familiar with this band. I need to check them out.

get Digital Dictator, Word of Mouth and I heard good rumours about their recent 2 new albums Warball abd sadistic Symphony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist   Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vicious Rumors - Something Burning & Cyberchrist
Page 1 of 1