Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I smell something RANCID!

Go down 
+10
Neuropete
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
manny
Troublezone
Stender
metalinmyveins
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

I smell something RANCID! Empty
PostSubject: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Another band on Epitaph records. I'm discovering that I like almost every band on this label!!!

It's also strange that I'm seeming to be getting more and more into punk music the older I get.

Any other fans of Rancid here?

I smell something RANCID! Rancid
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:33 pm

I dig Rancid, but I think I like their previous incarnation, Operation Ivy better.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:54 pm

I've not heard Operation Ivy. Did they release any albums?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:55 pm

I saw these guys on the 1996 Lollapalooza tour with Metallica, Soundgarden, & The Ramones. They put on a pretty energetic show, which got me a little interested in them. I never got any of their stuff, but I had a roommate a few years later who really dug them. He burned me some disks, but I never gave them much of a listen. I guess the punk scene doesn't do that much for me. I just found the disks a few days ago, and tossed them, since they were scratched to hell.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I dig Rancid, but I think I like their previous incarnation, Operation Ivy better.

I agree with Schbong here, Operation Ivy is great and much better than Rancid.

Think ska punk type stuff Metallic blaze.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:45 am

I'll have to check out some Operation Ivy then.

But I'm loving this Rancid cd I got!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:45 am

Is there a band you're not into?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:54 am

Troublezone wrote:

You're right ... I'm pretty open-minded.

Thanks for the compliment.

I smell something RANCID! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:47 am

I think Rancid is very cool, and like most of their albums, even if I feel some of their songs sound too close to alot of Clash songs.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:23 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

No problem. I just noticed how you've name dropped just about every band under the sun. I smell something RANCID! Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:39 am

Troublezone wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

No problem. I just noticed how you've name dropped just about every band under the sun. I smell something RANCID! Icon_smile

Name dropped? I dont' quite understand what you are implying here.

I am trying to start conversations on this board. About music I like. Is there something wrong with that?
Do you have a problem with that?

And to answer your question more precisely, there are hundreds of bands I don't like. But there are hundreds I do. And I have the freedom to talk about them, no?

How about you Troublezone? Do you like anything outside of your little world of doom? Maybe you are just trying to start trouble?

I smell something RANCID! Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:17 am

I like the three Rancid albums surrounding the Out Come The Wolves release. I have several other ones by the band but they're too "hardcore" for me. I got the most recent one because it supposedly was a return to the sound of Wolves but to my ears it's not.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:57 am

Quote :
How about you Troublezone? Do you like anything outside of your little world of doom? Maybe you are just trying to start trouble?

I recently posted thrash albums i like. I have started threads many times in the LTMDTT forum. I never just talk about Doom.
Good for you if you like everything, i just noticed you posting like crazy a new band every time i turned around. You can like Madonna, Britney Spears or whatever... I smell something RANCID! Icon_wink

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:03 am

So i guess you prefer this forum as i see your name on 98% of the posts here and not so much in the other forums? I smell something RANCID! Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:51 am

manny wrote:
I feel some of their songs sound too close to alot of Clash songs.

I feel the same way about the Clash similarities...that's probably why I never got into these guys. Was never much of a Clash fan either. When I'm in a punk mood, gimme the Ramones, Misfits, the Anti-Nowhere League or the Sex Pistols.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:14 am

I am surprised FF, you are not a bigger Clash fan since you like the other major punk bands from this era. They are personally one of my fav bands.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:17 am

manny wrote:
I am surprised FF, you are not a bigger Clash fan since you like the other major punk bands from this era. They are personally one of my fav bands.

I dunno, I don't DIS-like'em, they're just one of those bands I've never really explored further than hearing the radio stuff (i.e. "London Calling," "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" and "Rock The Casbah")...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:21 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

I dunno, I don't DIS-like'em, they're just one of those bands I've never really explored further than hearing the radio stuff (i.e. "London Calling," "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" and "Rock The Casbah")...

If you want I'll burn you their boxset 'The Clash On Broadway" or their self titled album which I feel maybe right up your alley.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:23 am

I love the Ramones & Misfits, but never cared for the Clash either. I like some of their songs, but I never cared for the reggae/ska elements they had in their music. Never cared much for Rancid either, probably for the same reasons. I also like the humor and pop elements of both the Ramones and Misfits. The Clash came off as too political or message-minded for me.

For the record, I've only heard a coupla of Rancid tunes. Catchy, but nothing I'd purchase.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I never cared for the reggae/ska elements they had in their music.

That's probably why I never got whole hog into the Clash either. Not a fan of reggae OR ska. To be honest, ska music annoys the p*ss outta me. I smell something RANCID! Icon_lol

One of my friends sez ska music is "just an excuse for white people to play reggae music... badly." I smell something RANCID! 201269

Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Another band on Epitaph records. I'm discovering that I like almost every band on this label!!!

It's also strange that I'm seeming to be getting more and more into punk music the older I get.

Any other fans of Rancid here?

I smell something RANCID! Rancid

Oh yes! How could I have forgotten about Rancid... another Epitath alumni.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:06 pm

RUBY TOHO!(I mean Soho!) I smell something RANCID! 778825
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Me likey!... Metal Blaze has a pretty good range of musical tastes.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:46 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
RUBY TOHO!(I mean Soho!) I smell something RANCID! 778825

Yeah, how many times on how many boards have I sung the praised of Out Come The Wolves?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:11 pm

And Out Come The Wolves is a brilliant album. Rancid are hit or miss otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I smell something RANCID!   I smell something RANCID! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I smell something RANCID!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next