Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Silent Wake

Go down 
+7
Glenn Rogers
DallasBlack
kmorg
Thrasher73
Rex
mc666
Troublezone
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 12:34 am

Former Seventh Angel singer's new band. Doomy Death metal with a little medieval goth touch.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=46918804
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 12:46 am

sounds pretty good to me. 🤘

Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 7:41 am

Excellent band. The new album is great! The cover art for the first one is superb as well.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 7:44 am

Rexorcist wrote:
Excellent band. The new album is great! The cover art for the first one is superb as well.
lol!

yeah,but you're biased!Laughing
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 11:53 am

I have it, but haven't listened to it yet. Liked the previous one though.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:54 am

I like this kind of doom metal, though I don't have much of it, and the fact that the lyrics are very Christ centered make it even better IMO. While I was disappointed with Anatomy Of Meloncoly, it was still a great release this year. I just like Shadow Of Sorrow a whole lot more. While it is not as long as AofM, I just think the quality of music is much better.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:22 pm

One of my favorite new discoveries...Had a great time with them in Norway...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:01 am

Resurrecting this thread in honor of thier new album A Garland Of Tears...listening to it now and so far it is very, very good...Death/Doom/Folk at it's finest...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:04 am

I love this band. Listneing to A Garland of Tears right now and it sounds pretty darned good to me. Have this one coming on vinyl too.

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:19 am

ultmetal wrote:
I love this band. Listneing to A Garland of Tears right now and it sounds pretty darned good to me. Have this one coming on vinyl too.

Yeah, me too...loving it. It's like a blend of My Dying Bride and Agolloch...Folk/Doom/Death Metal...very cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:06 am

Love the folky feel they have
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:25 am

http://cdbaby.com/cd/mysilentwake3

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:39 pm

On the way, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:07 pm

I'm waiting for my vinyl copy! 🤘

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:09 pm

I'll be picking up the new one as soon as I can. I like the previous two releases.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:20 pm

I need to get this album ASAP, I liked the last two and this is a must have. Especially now, that I am trying to expand my death/doom collection.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:19 pm

This one doesn't strike me like the first two did.
Back to top Go down

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:41 pm

What about it is not clicking with you?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:45 pm

Not sure exactly at the moment. I'd have to listen to it again. But nothing jumped out as oooooo that's cool like it did with the others upon first listen.
Back to top Go down

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:02 pm

Rex wrote:
Not sure exactly at the moment. I'd have to listen to it again. But nothing jumped out as oooooo that's cool like it did with the others upon first listen.

Once a band gets familiar, they have to work harder to surprise a listener...I wasn't surprised or blown away by anything, but it's a very good collection of songs in thier style...
Back to top Go down

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:04 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Once a band gets familiar, they have to work harder to surprise a listener...I wasn't surprised or blown away by anything, but it's a very good collection of songs in thier style...

Agreed. I was blown away by the first Line of Fire CD, but then when the second album came out I.......wait, wait a minute. There isn't a second Line of Fire album. My bad. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:52 am

This album is daaaaaaaaaaaaark, lyrically. Good thing they put a disclaimer in the notes being against suicide.
Back to top Go down

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 2:20 pm

My new interview w/ Ian is up now...it's short, but it's good.

http://teethofthedivine.com/site/featured/interview-with-my-silent-wake/

Also, I'm having Erik @ Teeth change the pic to the current lineup...
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Rex wrote:
This one doesn't strike me like the first two did.

I am finding this as well with me and my ears. But I have noticed that that some of my fave discs/tapes/records over the years were the ones that I grew into, or that grew on me. So I can only assume that in a few months that this will have constant plays here at home and on my way to and from work.

Oh yeah, first post.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:54 am

metalken wrote:
Oh yeah, first post.

Well then, welcome to the Heart Of Metal. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Silent Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Silent Wake   My Silent Wake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Silent Wake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum