Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello all.

Go down 
+18
the sentinel
manny
ultmetal
GrandNational
Dave the Boss
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
tohostudios
thejokeriv
exact33
Olafsto
kmorg
krokus
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Wargod
Jesusandmetal23
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Hello all. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:33 am

Welcome! Nice to have more people and from your posts and topics so far I can already see you have good taste in music.

And I like your nickname.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Welcome to the friendliest metal board on the internet Hello all. - Page 2 11840

And quite possibly the easiest to follow!

I'm not sure if this guy ever came back. I've not really seen 'im around.

I think maybe all the secular music stuff mighta scared 'im off.

I check back here almost every day. I just don't post around much. Speaking of secular music, I listen to it. Megadeth is one of my favorite bands, and I'm listening to Metal Church right now.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Sorry Jesusandmetal.

I get so used to those 'religious types' if ya know what I mean.

No offense to you.

Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:17 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Sorry Jesusandmetal.

No offense to you.

None taken. I am very spiritual, but I am open to good music when it's there. I won't listen to anything overtly anti-Christian, though.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Sorry Jesusandmetal.

No offense to you.

None taken. I am very spiritual, but I am open to good music when it's there. I won't listen to anything overtly anti-Christian, though.

That's understandable.

I'm a Christian, but I'm more of the Greek Orthodox persuasion. Very free in their thinking. They also see the Bible as very 'symbolic', rather than literal all the time.

So I like me a lot of Christian metal stuff.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:52 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I'm a Christian, but I'm more of the Greek Orthodox persuasion.

Really? Nice, I'm Armenian Orthodox. Maybe that's why I don't care between what's called "secular" or "Christian" metal, because in my mind, neither of them really exist the way most people on this board would perceive and separate them.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:50 am

GrandNational wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
I'm a Christian, but I'm more of the Greek Orthodox persuasion.

Really? Nice, I'm Armenian Orthodox. Maybe that's why I don't care between what's called "secular" or "Christian" metal, because in my mind, neither of them really exist the way most people on this board would perceive and separate them.

Exactly bro! It's all metal to me - with different messages is all.

How does Armenian Orthodox differ from Greek Orthodox? I imagine they are quite similar.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:00 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
How does Armenian Orthodox differ from Greek Orthodox? I imagine they are quite similar.

Almost nothing from all my research and readings. Sometimes we use different terms to mean the same thing, most notably the Christological definition, which just about all agree is the same definition worded differently.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:08 am

GrandNational wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Almost nothing from all my research and readings. Sometimes we use different terms to mean the same thing, most notably the Christological definition, which just about all agree is the same definition worded differently.

That's cool man. I've done a lot of searching - and I've come to the personal conclusion that the Greek Orthodox denomination really seems to make the most sense (for me).

How long have you been a member?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:31 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

That's cool man. I've done a lot of searching - and I've come to the personal conclusion that the Greek Orthodox denomination really seems to make the most sense (for me).

How long have you been a member?

I was born into it, but have gotten serious in my studies in the last 5 years or so, really getting headlong into it at the start of 2007. The best part about it is that there is never an end to the Orthodox faith. It's infinite, the more you read and pray, the more you realize you really don't know much and the search will never end, it's like the best and most beautiful journey you can be on. At the same time, it's really simple, and down to earth, very homey, not a lot of emphasis on dogma or systematic theology to chock ones spirit. If people can get passed the "smells and bells" the liturgy, icons, long prayers, sacraments, fasts, etc., and understand them for what they truly are, as William Blake once wrote ""If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite." It's kind of like that.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:36 am

Hey. I see ya over at CMR all the time. No way Nazgul? Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:19 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

That's understandable.

I'm a Christian, but I'm more of the Greek Orthodox persuasion. Very free in their thinking. They also see the Bible as very 'symbolic', rather than literal all the time.

So I like me a lot of Christian metal stuff.

Sounds kinda like the Roman Catholic church here in Holland. I was raised catholic and all that good stuff, but I never had to put up with any of anti-metal nonsense. Besides, I'm not much of a religious person anyway, although I do try to eat fish every Friday and go to Mass every once in a while. Oh, and I think the division between "Christian" and "secular" metal is ridiculous. I find it hard to understand that some people don't want to listen to bands that don't have Christian lyrics, but hey, to each his own.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:12 am

The only church I ever attend is a Metal Church.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:32 pm

manny wrote:

Hello all. - Page 2 438278
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:57 pm

manny wrote:

Sounds good to me!!!

Hello all. - Page 2 778825 Hello all. - Page 2 778825 Hello all. - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:05 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
manny wrote:

Sounds good to me!!!

Hello all. - Page 2 778825 Hello all. - Page 2 778825 Hello all. - Page 2 778825

Haha, that's my favorite as well! Hello all. - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:41 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Welcome to madness. Everyone here is great and know one another pretty well. Add your 2 cents to the board.

Wargod50

Also, feel free to tell us what grinds your gears, what your wisdom of the day is, or whatever else floats your boat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello all.   Hello all. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello all.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: