Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!

Go down 
+9
T-Roy
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
thejokeriv
mc666
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
rattpoison
Fat Freddy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Empty
PostSubject: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:22 pm

Random thread time!!! All hail... MISTER BUMP!!!

All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! 89926385-177x150-0-0

My kids got this plush toy named "Mr. Bump" for Christmas. He's apparently a character in a series of children's books, with which I am unfamiliar. However, that does not affect my enjoyment of this play thing. This toy is freakin hilarious. My kids love it, I love it, and it drives my wife crazy (maybe that's why I love it... hahaha). Seriously, every home should have one of these.

What makes Mr. Bump so much fun is that he talks every time you bump, slam, or throw him, and he has quite a variety of phrases, including:

"This is NOT good. NOT GOOD AT ALL!"

"I don't know, this seems kind of dangerous...."

(agonized tone of voice) "Don't worry about me... *I'll be fine*"

"WHOOOOAAAAAAA! (sound of glass breaking)"

"I can smell my fear!"

"Mmmmmaaaaybe this isn't such a good idea!"

"OUCH! OOH! OW! YIPE!"

"Awww, poopity-poop!" (my kids LOVE that one, they will beat him mercilessly till he finally says it)

...and lots more!!

I gotta say, it's quite therapeutic after a sh*tty day at work to come home, toss Mr. Bump across the room, and hear him scream in agony.

The kids like to drop him down the stairs cuz he'll say something different with each step he bounces off of.

My Mom sez she picked Mr. Bump up for the kids as a last minute thing when she noticed it in the store, never expecting it would become the biggest hit of the holiday. Most of the other Christmas toys my kids got have been played with and put away, but Mr. Bump continues to entertain them.

Seriously. BEST...TOY...EVER.

As you were.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

My kids got this plush toy named "Mr. Bump" for Christmas. He's apparently a character in a series of children's books, with which I am unfamiliar.

"Apparently", you've never heard of the Mr. Men books and characters?

They're are 50 of these little guys, Mr. Bump being in my top 10 Mr. Men of all time. Although this guy tops my list.........

All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Moz-screenshot-31All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! MrWrong
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:55 pm

I've just started seeing the Mr. Men characters popping up on one of thos channels my kiddes watch. Don't know much about them yet, but I'm sure I will eventually.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:04 pm

rattpoison wrote:

"Apparently", you've never heard of the Mr. Men books and characters?

They're are 50 of these little guys, Mr. Bump being in my top 10 Mr. Men of all time. Although this guy tops my list.........

All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Moz-screenshot-31All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! MrWrong

Mmmm...nope, never heard of'em till this toy turned up in my house. Maybe my kids don't watch the right TV channel.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:27 pm

Are the Mr. Men books not popular in the US? They've sold 100 million copies worldwide in 15 different languages since 1971 (Thanks Wiki).

Here's a list of them and what their deal is.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mr._Men
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:27 am

rattpoison wrote:
Are the Mr. Men books not popular in the US? They've sold 100 million copies worldwide in 15 different languages since 1971 (Thanks Wiki).

Here's a list of them and what their deal is.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mr._Men

Don't think the Mr. Men books, shows, etc are well-known in the U.S. I had never heard of Mr. Men until I got to Australia. My son loves the show!!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:52 am

i remember a book called Mr. Topsy Turvy from when i was a kid. we had to pick out a book from the school library to do a book report on. over achiever that i was, i ransacked the kindergarten section & found a book called Mr. Topsy Turvy. i remember getting a C, for a well written book report about a "nothing" subject.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:06 am

I need that!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:19 am

Never heard of it but that sounds like fun.

Closest thing I have to that is a random swearing machine. You press the button and this annoying voice says stuff like "You're an a**hole!" or "Eat s**t!". Years ago, one of the Indian guys was so fascinated with it that when he went back to India for a month, he asked if he could take it with him to show his family. The punchline to the story is that this was in the wake of 911 and he got stopped by airport security with this thing in his pocket. He had to "demonstrate" what it was.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:27 am

the Mr. Men series of characters and toys is epic, but this sort of reminds me of one of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV..involving another blue talking toy.

so hilarious, yet so very frightening
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:04 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Random thread time!!! All hail... MISTER BUMP!!!

All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! 89926385-177x150-0-0

My kids got this plush toy named "Mr. Bump" for Christmas. He's apparently a character in a series of children's books, with which I am unfamiliar. However, that does not affect my enjoyment of this play thing. This toy is freakin hilarious. My kids love it, I love it, and it drives my wife crazy (maybe that's why I love it... hahaha). Seriously, every home should have one of these.

What makes Mr. Bump so much fun is that he talks every time you bump, slam, or throw him, and he has quite a variety of phrases, including:

"This is NOT good. NOT GOOD AT ALL!"

"I don't know, this seems kind of dangerous...."

(agonized tone of voice) "Don't worry about me... *I'll be fine*"

"WHOOOOAAAAAAA! (sound of glass breaking)"

"I can smell my fear!"

"Mmmmmaaaaybe this isn't such a good idea!"

"OUCH! OOH! OW! YIPE!"

"Awww, poopity-poop!" (my kids LOVE that one, they will beat him mercilessly till he finally says it)

...and lots more!!

I gotta say, it's quite therapeutic after a sh*tty day at work to come home, toss Mr. Bump across the room, and hear him scream in agony.

The kids like to drop him down the stairs cuz he'll say something different with each step he bounces off of.

My Mom sez she picked Mr. Bump up for the kids as a last minute thing when she noticed it in the store, never expecting it would become the biggest hit of the holiday. Most of the other Christmas toys my kids got have been played with and put away, but Mr. Bump continues to entertain them.

Seriously. BEST...TOY...EVER.

As you were.
sounds AWESOME! Me and my kids need one! Never heard of 'em.

Mr Wrong = Fat Freddy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:08 am

I thought this was going to me one of those

Burning
Underwear
Means
Pyro-accient

kinda threads..... Crying or Very sad

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:20 pm

I need one of those. Might save my life.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Awesome toy!

Fat Freddy has the Thread of the Month award for showing me what my next unecessary purchase will be. Kudos!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:35 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Fat Freddy has the Thread of the Month award for showing me what my next unecessary purchase will be. Kudos!

All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! 911681

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:33 am

TheNazgul wrote:
I need one of those. Might save my life.

...or someone else's life. Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Or the neighbor's dog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:18 pm

FYI, I have added Mr. Bump to our emoticons. Smile
All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! 83628
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:27 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
FYI, I have added Mr. Bump to our emoticons. All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_smile

I told everyone you werent a useless mod. All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:31 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
FYI, I have added Mr. Bump to our emoticons. All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_smile

?? I don't see him...

*(EDIT)* Nevermind, I see him now...

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 am

So hey Scotty - didja get yerself a Mr. Bump yet? Your kids will love him!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:02 pm

I've looked everywhere in Yakima and couldn't find one. Might have to wait to look when i'm next in Portland as i'm not paying $25 plus shipping for one.
Maybe Scott had better luck. All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! 83628
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 12:58 am

I don't care too much for Mr. Men, however, I do greatly enjoy the hilarious phrases this toy spews out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!   All Hail Mr. Bump!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Hail Mr. Bump!!!!
Page 1 of 1