Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eastbound and Down

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Eastbound and Down Empty
PostSubject: Eastbound and Down   Eastbound and Down Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:59 pm

Has anyone ever watched this show? Its on HBO. A friend of mine turned me onto it. They only have 1 season and its out on DVD. I must have watched it 5 or 6 times already its that good. Each time I find something funnier than the last time I watched it. Its a great show. Heres some of my favorite parts.

BTW There is cursing.

Incase you don't know the show heres the intro so you get an idea what its about.
Intro to the first show

Best Of Season 1

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Eastbound and Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastbound and Down   Eastbound and Down Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Ya, it's hilarious, but there is quite a lot a swearing going on for sure. I think it appeals to me because it was my childhood dream to be a MLB pitcher. The main character is too funny.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Eastbound and Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastbound and Down   Eastbound and Down Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:13 pm

There is a lot of swearing and nudity haha but who cares the acting is great and the story is great as well. A lot of the show is ad libed as well which I thought was interesting. Some parts do seem that way.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Eastbound and Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastbound and Down   Eastbound and Down Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:42 pm

I wonder if his character is based a bit on Mitch Williams/John Rocker? The first time my friend put it on, that's what came to my mind. I do think the swearing is a bit overkill though.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Eastbound and Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastbound and Down   Eastbound and Down Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:27 pm

I haven't seen it. But I have heard that the show is hilarious. I've been thinking of picking up the first season on dvd.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Eastbound and Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastbound and Down   Eastbound and Down Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:19 am

It is based on someone you might be right I just forget his name though.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Eastbound and Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastbound and Down   Eastbound and Down Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:57 pm

Quote :
I do think the swearing is a bit overkill though

That's what turned me off about it. I tried to watch it because I had heard it was funny. But the cursing was to much for my delicate, virginal ears.

Quote :
It is based on someone you might be right I just forget his name though.

The guy the recommended it to me said the character was based on John Kruk, but I don't know if that's accurate. Maybe partly? I can see the John Rocker comparision too.

Eastbound and Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastbound and Down   Eastbound and Down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eastbound and Down
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: