Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SEND MORE PARAMEDICS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

SEND MORE PARAMEDICS Empty
PostSubject: SEND MORE PARAMEDICS   SEND MORE PARAMEDICS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 12:21 pm

I had a Send More Paramedics split with Zombie Apocalypse for a long time and have always loved it. For Christmas, Auntie Sax got me their 2002 debut, A Feast for the Fallen, and I can't stop listening to it! Looks like the last thing they released was in '06. Does anyone know if they are broken up or if they are recording anything new? I don't really expect there to be to much interest in this thread, as I have not seen anyone bring these guys up [I think eyesore may have mentioned them previously at one point]. But, if you dig raw, old school thrash/hardcore, you should really check these guys out. There was a thread about a Misfits-like Christian punk band on here a while back, whose name escapes me - but fans of that band might like this as well.

Beware - there may be an f'inheimer on this vid:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: SEND MORE PARAMEDICS   SEND MORE PARAMEDICS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 12:35 pm

They have a track ('Twilight of the Flies') on this compliation album...

SEND MORE PARAMEDICS 618Z9F9JUzL._SL500_AA240_

...I like it decent enough but I never felt the urge to check out more by them. There is so many other equally good bands on that comp that I wanted to investigte further. I'm guessing that the track that appears here is on their album. I don't think any of the songs on this are exclusive to this release, but I could be mistaken. But like Sax said, fans of horror-themed punk/thrash should enjoy them.

EDIT: Looks like they are no more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Send_More_Paramedics

Quote :

The band announced their impending split in a Myspace blog in June 2007, which read:

Dear Mortals,
Send More Paramedics will be playing their last show on 27 October 2007 at Joseph's Well in Leeds. We will be honouring all the commitments we have made up to that date. It's been 6 years but our zombie corpses are finally rotting to the point at which we can continue no more. A million thanks to you all.
Yours faithfully,
SMP

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: SEND MORE PARAMEDICS   SEND MORE PARAMEDICS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Good stuff! SEND MORE PARAMEDICS 11840
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: SEND MORE PARAMEDICS   SEND MORE PARAMEDICS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:14 pm

This was a really good band, I didnt know they split. Too bad. SEND MORE PARAMEDICS Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: SEND MORE PARAMEDICS   SEND MORE PARAMEDICS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:47 pm

I love this band!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEND MORE PARAMEDICS   SEND MORE PARAMEDICS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEND MORE PARAMEDICS
Page 1 of 1