Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Art Clokey

Go down 
+3
Troublezone
Eyesore
Shiney
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

R.I.P. Art Clokey Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Art Clokey   R.I.P. Art Clokey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:54 am

Art CLokey creater and animator of GUMBY as well as the old DAVEY AND GOLIATH shorts has passed away...

He was 88.

I loved both shows....

RIP

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

R.I.P. Art Clokey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Art Clokey   R.I.P. Art Clokey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:33 am

Too bad. =(

Are there any legends from these younger generations? I mean, when the Dore the Explorer creator dies, will anyone care?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

R.I.P. Art Clokey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Art Clokey   R.I.P. Art Clokey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:13 pm

That sucks... i liked his shows. R.I.P. Art Clokey 163436
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

R.I.P. Art Clokey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Art Clokey   R.I.P. Art Clokey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:15 pm

Here's Art's "Gumbasia," the film that started the ball rolling (pun intended)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

R.I.P. Art Clokey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Art Clokey   R.I.P. Art Clokey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:51 pm

the Gumby show is/was awesome..
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

R.I.P. Art Clokey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Art Clokey   R.I.P. Art Clokey Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Love Gumby! RIP
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

R.I.P. Art Clokey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Art Clokey   R.I.P. Art Clokey Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
Too bad. =(

Are there any legends from these younger generations? I mean, when the Dore the Explorer creator dies, will anyone care?

Dora? Not likely, she's more of a coporate amalgimation of focus groups and special interest parties to sell merchandise. Maybe SpongeBob though. He took the Ren & Stimpy format and ran with it.

Who knew that Art was stil alive? Oh well, rest in peace funny man. Loved your work. I can remember early Sunday mornings when Davey & Goliath was the only thing on when I'd be up at the crack of dawn.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

R.I.P. Art Clokey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Art Clokey   R.I.P. Art Clokey Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:56 am

Oddly enough, I was never familiar with "Davey & Goliath" when I was a kid. I don't think I ever saw it till I was in college, when a video started getting passed around at parties of a couple of "D&G" episodes on it, with a newly overdubbed soundtrack of some of the dirtiest, nastiest dialogue I had heard in my life at that time. People who think "South Park" is bad would've crapped pickles if they saw that video. One of my buds got a crappy quality, 50th generation copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of that tape and we watched it dozens of times. I can still quote bits of it from memory, but I'll spare you all. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

R.I.P. Art Clokey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Art Clokey   R.I.P. Art Clokey Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oddly enough, I was never familiar with "Davey & Goliath" when I was a kid. I don't think I ever saw it till I was in college, when a video started getting passed around at parties of a couple of "D&G" episodes on it, with a newly overdubbed soundtrack of some of the dirtiest, nastiest dialogue I had heard in my life at that time. People who think "South Park" is bad would've crapped pickles if they saw that video. One of my buds got a crappy quality, 50th generation copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of that tape and we watched it dozens of times. I can still quote bits of it from memory, but I'll spare you all. R.I.P. Art Clokey 201269

I liked The Simpsons subtle refrences from time to time. Ned wouldn't let Rod & Tod watch Davey & Goliath anymore because they thought the idea of a talking dog was blasphemous. R.I.P. Art Clokey 201269

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

R.I.P. Art Clokey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Art Clokey   R.I.P. Art Clokey Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:39 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I liked The Simpsons subtle refrences from time to time. Ned wouldn't let Rod & Tod watch Davey & Goliath anymore because they thought the idea of a talking dog was blasphemous. R.I.P. Art Clokey 201269

My fave "Simpsons" rag on D&G was when Davey was making a pipe bomb to blow up a clinic, and when Goliath sez it's not a good idea, Davey sez (ala Darth Vader), "I find your lack of faith disturbing," and sticks the bomb in Goliath's mouth. Then Goliath blows up and Rod and Todd go "YAAAAAYYYYY!" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Art Clokey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Art Clokey   R.I.P. Art Clokey Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:12 pm

R.I.P man. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R.I.P. Art Clokey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Art Clokey   R.I.P. Art Clokey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Art Clokey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: