Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Russ Ballard

Go down 
+6
manny
snooloui
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Dave the Boss
kmorg
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:07 am

This has to be the unsung hero of hard rock!! He's written hits and killer songs that artist like Kiss, Ace Frehley, Rainbow, Samson and Bruce Dickinson have made famous. Yet on his own he is virtually unknow, right? At least he is here in Europe.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:52 am

One of the best songwriters ever imo. Although his solo stuff doesn't really interest me, tracks like Riding with the Angels, Into the Night, and Since You've Been Gone are all classic hardrock tracks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:24 pm

Quote :
Since You've Been Gone

Russ Ballard is responsible for abomination? He should be hunted down by villagers with torches & pitch forks for that song. Russ Ballard 78889

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:33 pm

I didn't know he wrote that, not a bad song. I've heard the name but don't know anything about him.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:40 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I didn't know he wrote that, not a bad song. I've heard the name but don't know anything about him.

I suggest you Google him. He wrote so many cool songs. He used to be in Argent. So he is even responsible for "God Gave Rock 'n' Roll To You".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Here is the first recording of another Russ Ballard original:

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:47 pm

kmorg wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

I suggest you Google him. He wrote so many cool songs. He used to be in Argent. So he is even responsible for "God Gave Rock 'n' Roll To You".

'Since You've Been Gone' and now 'God Gave Rock n Roll To You'? I may have to track this guy down myself and give him the good beatin' he so richly deserves.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:56 pm

He also wrote "Winning" which was a hit for Santana.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:59 pm

He has written some really great songs, he also wrote I Surrender by Rainbow, which I think is a better song than the other.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:43 pm

I remember he had a solo MTV hit with the song 'Voices'
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Cydonia has a killer cover of 'Voices'.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:52 pm

I actually like all the songs listed (although I never heard Argent's version of God Gave...)
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:30 pm

Uriah Heep used some of his songs too I think.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:15 am

Yeah, he wrote some songs for "Abomidog", I think.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:14 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

'Since You've Been Gone' and now 'God Gave Rock n Roll To You'? I may have to track this guy down myself and give him the good beatin' he so richly deserves.

Russ Ballard 201269
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Russ Ballard is brilliant I love Barnet Dogs & Into The Fire 2 classic cds.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Russ Ballard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Ballard   Russ Ballard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Russ Ballard
Page 1 of 1